Has wifi sync with iTunes been fixed in 8.1?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by bobright, Oct 20, 2014.

1. bobright macrumors 601

2. TheRainKing macrumors 6502a

TheRainKing

Don't be silly. That problem has been around since iOS 5. It's never going to be fixed.

3. flashflooder macrumors regular

4. AllanMarcus macrumors newbie

Don't be silly. It worked fine for most people up until the ios 8 release. Perfectly valid question, but unfortunately I haven't updated yet to verify.

5. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

I can report (so far) it works for me running Yosemite. Seems the 8.1 update did the trick. Before when I would leave and return I could not see the iPhone on the local network in iTunes. This morning its still there.

6. boto macrumors 6502

boto

My rMBP recognizes my iPhone 6 plus but for some reason my iMac doesn't. Both machines are running Yosemite and I can't figure out the issue... Is anyone else experiencing this?

7. mcaswell macrumors member

Before iOS8, I would occasionally encounter a problem where my iPhone and iPad would disappear from iTunes, and could only be recognized again by shutting down and starting up the devices again.

With iOS8, this started happening every day... shutting down / starting up the devices would make them show up in iTunes, and I could sync via WiFi, but then the next day, it wouldn't work (usually the devices would still be visible in iTunes, but when I tried to sync it would just spin the wheels for a while then the devices would disappear).

Since iOS8.1, I have not had to restart my devices like that... I've sync'd each day since Monday, and they are still showing up fine.

Hopefully that means the problem is fixed!