Has your iPad fallen yet?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by moonman239, Jul 11, 2011.

1. moonman239, Jul 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2011

moonman239 macrumors 68000

My iPad 2 fell at least like three times this year, twice while I was sitting in my bed propping it up with the Smart Cover (the cover collapsed, sending the iPad off the edge of my bed and onto a carpeted floor), once yesterday while at church (I think it was accidentally knocked over, but this time I didn't use the Smart Cover)

2. Cooolpenner macrumors regular

My iPad1 fell about 50cm on the floor, but still works fine ;)

You use your iPad at church?

3. kemperman macrumors regular

kemperman

iPad 1 fell off the sofa about 1 1/2 weeks ago onto laminate floor. The screen cracked. Now I have an iPad 2 which I am being supremely careful with. :)

4. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Yes. Mine fell 18 inches onto carpet on it's edge and shattered the glass. :apple:

5. ronaldmcdonald macrumors member

It fell on my face at least twice while I was holding it over my head (lying down), luckily no damage to the iPad or my face :p

6. SaMaster14 macrumors 6502

Mine fell right on the corner of the device from about 5 or so feet up onto hard concrete. No screen damage at all, but there is a small dent on the corner where it fell.

7. Mr.C macrumors 601

Mine has never fallen and I anticipate it never will. ;)

8. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

I have my iPad almost a year and it's never fallen, dropped, etc.

9. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

What else is there to do? When I used to get forced into going to Saturday morning services I would just take a nap.

As for the topic at hand, I've never dropped my iPad.

10. surfrider007 macrumors newbie

i have dropped my probably three times onto my ceramic tile floors, and yes, I am a klutz. However, knowing that I am a klutz, I opted not to get the stupid apple smart cover and went for the iFrogz leather portfolio style cover. Not a dent or scratch. I am glad I bought that thing!

11. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

12. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

13. henchman macrumors 6502a

Not go?

14. Hallivand macrumors regular

Hallivand

A friend was using mine when another friend bounced a basketball, sending it flying right into the iPad screen and causing him to drop it (mind you it was in a gecko case).

Survived with just a small scuff on the outer edges :D

15. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

Only dropped my iPad 1 once and have never dropped my iPad 2. I'm sure it's just a matter of time, though, so I've got the little guy wrapped up in a full body case. Still thin and light and now well-protected.

16. taipan61 macrumors 6502

haven't dropped it yet, nor the previous one...
    did drop my kid once...:eek:...lol

17. jeans94621 macrumors regular

jeans94621

I use my ipad at Church on Sunday and at Bible class on Wednesday night. I can take notes right in my Bible app for reference when I get home. I can also find books chapters and verses faster. The app I use lets me highlight scriptures and bookmark. There are so many uses for IOS devices and it seems like every other dayy I find something new I can do.:)

18. WillEH macrumors 6502a

WillEH

Dropped it while running down the stairs, thank god for Belkin case x

19. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Mine slipped out of my unzipped (duh) sling bag and skidded along the carpeted floor. Smart cover on front, Joy cover on back. Tiny crack in the corner of the Joy cover, but the iPad looks and runs just fine. Lesson learned.

20. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

I dangle mine over the edge of the Empire State Building observation tower every day, but luckily I haven't dropped it yet.

I wonder if the smart cover will protect it if I do. :)

21. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

I caught my four year old son using it like a Frisbee... (true), he's a lively little guy, and it hit the carpeted floor after flying about 5 feet. No damage, these pads are tough. :)

22. Virgo macrumors 6502

Virgo

If that was my child he would be sacrificed. Hey, Casey Anthony didn't have an iPad, did she?

23. foiden macrumors 6502a

Mine hasn't fallen, but I know portable devices will do so, at one time. So, I generally carry it around in this case that looks nigh indestructable for the contents within it, yet remain small. Even has internal rubber edge bracers within the packaging. So while it hasn't fallen, in its typical resting and carrying place, it could fall 5 feet on cement without anything inside being threatened for damage or even receive an impact bump. (The case is insane)

Still be careful with the iPad. The case itself can be tough, the glass may do well depending on the angle of hit, but it looks very much like the exposed side buttons like volume and sleep are the most vulnerable things on the thing; so if anything, keep impacts away from them.

24. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Too soon.

Anyway, dropped my iPad about a foot(I was sitting on the couch) onto the carpeted floor. Had the black case on it(such a dust magnet) and thankfully no visible damage appeared.