Has your iPhone failed to wake you up?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by koobcamuk, Dec 1, 2009.

?

1. Yes, I don't trust the iPhone alarm 100%.

13 vote(s)
    11.2%
  2. No, it wakes me just fine.

89 vote(s)
    76.7%
  3. The alarm went off but I slept through it

14 vote(s)
    12.1%
  1. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

I woke up this morning about an hour late; because my iPhone crashed overnight and that was that.

2. tjcampbell macrumors 6502a

tjcampbell

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Never.

3. ss957916 macrumors 6502a

A couple of times when it had crashed overnight - but that hasn't happened for about a year (although I still set a secondary alarm every night just in case).

4. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

5. jutte64 macrumors regular

whatever happened to just using a regular alarm clock? obviously you are plugging your iphone in over night so there is an outlet close. why not just poney up $10 and buy a real alarm clock. i am sure you spend or have spent more then that in itunes!

6. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

I set mine as a back up alarm. Im glad I did, because my alarm clock decided to not go off this morning. iPhone to the rescue. I always hear it, and its never failed as a backup.

7. Ayepawd macrumors newbie

8. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Clock is pretty good....

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Oops, I voted for yes by accident instead of no. Barring times when I set the wrong alarm by mistake, it's never failed to wake me up -- that is, it's always went off when it was supposed to, and it is always loud enough to wake me up (although I'm a light sleeper to begin with).

P.S. If you have problems getting up in the morning, get a cat. FFS, your problems with sleeping in will be a thing of the distant past. :p (Just make sure it's a rescue kitty and it's been spayed or neutered :) ).

10. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

How did your iPhone crash overnight? I'm just curious really.

I use mine to wake up but generally I am either up or wake up right around the same time every day.

11. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

My iPhone works great. Almost scares the crap out of me as it is so loud.

Note, my 1st gen iPod touch is loud enough to wake me. Been using it for years as my primary alarm clock.

12. ethical macrumors 68000

This morning is the first time it has failed on me!

I set 5 alarms before I went out last night, and this morning woke up 3 hours late!! Either the alarms went off and I slept through them due to the killer hangover, or it failed.... I dont know which.

13. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Awful big coincidence that it fails you for the first time and you had a killer hangover too... :p

14. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

15. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

Never. The clock works fine. I dont even install diff alarm apps. Gotta be careful how you shut it off cause it wont snooze.

16. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Well, one night in the middle of the night without anyone touching it, mine decided to go into DFU mode and never came back out. So it happens.

I just use an alarm clock, it's about 15 years old and has never failed me once.

17. ethical macrumors 68000

Hmmm, I may have to look into that. I'll get back to you!

18. extrachrispy macrumors regular

extrachrispy

It only fails me when I am excessively sleep-deprived. Regular alarm clocks also fail me in that circumstance.

19. NewGenAdam macrumors 6502

+1

even works through earplugs ^^

20. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

If I am tired, I can sleep through any alarm.

Actually the problem could be sleep. Because before the guy went to sleep, he probably feels alright from all the booze.

If he didn't go to sleep, we wouldn't have slept through the alarm. ;)

21. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I've only slept through it once and that was because a) I was completely exhausted, and b) I'd accidentally turned the volume down too low. I always set a backup alarm on my iHome alarm clock anyway because when I oversleep, I catastrophically oversleep. It's never by 15 minutes or half an hour or anything; it's by like 3 hours. I'm paranoid about oversleeping now as a result.

22. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

This, though my cat normally waits till he hears the alarm before he gets obnoxious. But if it does go off and I don't wake up immediately, he starts putting his paws in my face and howling at me, because he gets fed first thing when I get up. And on the occasions when I've set the alarm to go off in the middle of the day as a reminder for something, he still hears it and goes and sits in front of his dish, waiting to be fed again. Pavlov was right.

23. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I haven't used a real alarm clock since the very first iPhone. My iPhone has always woken me up no matter when I have it set.

24. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Mine has always worked and never crashes anyway (perhaps a JB issue for the OP?).

25. koobcamuk thread starter macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

No idea. I was using the Sleep Cycle application - so I suppose that can be blamed.

I do hate the way that it's impossible to turn off the phone and expect an alarm call.