Has your macbook pro gotten louder over time?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dsprimal, May 17, 2010.

1. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

Hey everyone, i just wanted to see if anyone else's mbp's have gotten louder over time. To be more specific, I've downloaded a couple of applications, added movies, music, saved some desktop wallpapers from the net, etc. I've used about 48 GB of my 500GB 7200rpm HDD.

I recently (just noticed today) realized that beyond the faint sound of the fan during casual use (web surfing, opening files through the finder menu, loading up movies) that i now hear a slight crackling noise of the HD when it loads up the files or whatever i plan on opening.

It reminds me of the Dell PC I was on before coming to the mac side. But the Dell's crackling noise when loading files up was way more amplified then the crackling noise i hear faintly on my mbp. To keep it simple in comparison, the faint crackling noise i hear in my mbp is very mellow, but the dell's sounds like a thunder storm rumbling when loading files.

Just worried that the slight crackling noise i hear in my mbp is the beginning of what will eventually come about over time (the end result = dell's rumbling noise).

Is this normal? and it's what ends up happening as more HDD space is being used?

ps. My 15" mbp i7 is about 2 weeks old.

thanks!

2. macsar macrumors newbie

same problem

Hey,

I have exactly the same problem, i called apple care, they told me that 7200 HD makes loud noises specially with aluminum casing!!!!!.

I was disappointed because as u said it bring the memories of my PC which was very loud

3. sergus macrumors newbie

The same story here.

It was quiet for two weeks and now I notice the crackling noise coming from the HD. I have 15" MBP 2010 with 500GB HD.

4. macsar macrumors newbie

Agree

Mine also was quit in first week that's why I'm concerned I'm afraid this mean bad hd
    I think early versions of mbp are always have some problems then get fixed by the end of the year