Has your MBPr just completely crashed?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Hieveryone, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Hieveryone macrumors 68020

I have a late 2013" MBPr 2.6/8/256

Just now, it completely went black. At first I thought, "Oh, I must have run out of battery" but then it immediately restarted to a white screen and said "Your macbook pro had to restart (?) because there was a problem yadda yadda" then it just went to my login page. I typed my password in, then AGAIN it restarted.

I'm good now, but has anyone ever experienced this? What happened?

2. Meister Suspended

Meister

Yes, it has. From time to time it just switches off. I had every computer I have ever had crash on me.

3. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68020

Do you know why this happens? And what I did "wrong" per se...(maybe using too much ram etc?)

4. jamesjingyi macrumors 6502a

jamesjingyi

Sometimes they just do that, it's just some code or something has gone wrong and to stop any harm to the computer, it just shuts itself off. Better than it try to continue and in the end have to clean up lots of wrong things... Don't worry about it!

5. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

If it happens rarely it's nothing to worry about. Bugs in the OS or memory corruption can cause it to Kernel Panic.

It's only when it starts to happen more frequently that it becomes a real problem.

6. yjchua95 macrumors 604

I get that on all my Macs all the time.

It's normally either a freed zone element has been modified in zone:kalloc.128 or either a rogue Symantec kext brought it down.

My company requires that Norton Internet Security be installed, and I absolutely detest that software, knowing that it wreaks havoc upon my Macs.

7. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68020

Great. So basically it's not a big deal. It's never happened. I've owned my MacBook for 1 year. First time. I guess that's pretty good.

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

MY rMBP hasn't crashed like that, but I have had a crash or two like that on my old MBP and Mac Mini. Very rare occurrence - at least for my computers.

9. austinpike macrumors 6502

Has happened numerous times on my work-issued nMP.
    Apple hardware tested it for two days and found nothing.

Has never happened on my Quo motherboard Hackintosh.

(don't get me wrong, the new Mac Pro is an awesome piece of hardware. But it is a bit ironic.)

10. iPad Retina macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

11. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

I've had my new rMBP 13" for a few days and this has happened a few times already. Never seen it on my iMac...

12. Brittany246 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I've had my computer for over a year, and it happened once this past December. I was trying to connect my computer to my TV and pick a movie I could watch with a few people when it just randomly restarted. I thought one of them pressed the power button. I don't remember getting any messages about it restarting after it did restart.

13. JHUFrank macrumors 6502a

JHUFrank

Like Yj says, it's normally some crappy code that does it. If I get a reboot like that, I get obsessed with going through logs, and ripping every bit of the ware that did it out of my mac.