Has Yourtube 2 been fixed yet?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by AppleSawz, Oct 12, 2010.

1. AppleSawz macrumors newbie

Last time I heard there were a lot of issues with it, so I just want to know if it has been fixed before I buy it. Also if works on 4.1 as well. Thanks :)

2. bw1128 macrumors 6502a

not for me yet. i can download them, but when i go back into youtube the next day or later they are gone. annoying! i wouldnt bother getting it till they fix it.

3. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Not fixed and the developer doesn't give a crap. Instead of giving any type of support or attempting to correct the issue, they go and develop a new tweak to sell on cydia instead.

4. iPhone Addict macrumors 6502

As stated in another thread this developer (CocoaNuts) only cares about making money, not actually making a working app or providing ANY support at all.

They've never responded to multiple emails, twitter messages or comments on their blog requesting support.

Instead, they just made a new hack without addressing the problems with their first one and are hoping they can make a quick buck and disappear again.

Their products should be banned from being sold on the repos. These guys are crooks.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Works fine for me but I heard tons of people with problems so I'm prob the exception and not the rule.
    Sucks that devs act like that, he should get his act straight or be kicked out of the cydia store IMO.

6. AppleSawz thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply guys. I guess I'm gonna skip this for now until it's fixed or another developer releases something similar. I'll just stick with mitube for now.

7. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

FYI from twitter:

cocoanutapps - Submitted YourTube 2.0.2 to ModMyI. Should be live in a few hours.

S-

8. jason221 macrumors 6502

YourTube 2 works fine for me. If by chance a video disappears, I can just view it in iFile by going to /var/mobile/media/yourtube/. Way better than MiTube, in my opinion. MiTube is such a hassle because it has no subscription integration—only manual searching for videos.

9. labman macrumors 604

labman

^1+ gor me yourtube was just updated check Cydia! works great for me iphone 4 4.1

10. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Glad to hear there's an update. If I can get some more confirmations from others that it actually works now, then I'll download again. For now, not going near it.

11. PhantomZone macrumors 6502

No change here....downloads the videos fine but the link disappears when you quit the app or do a hard reboot....

No changelog either so dear knows what they 'fixed' :mad:

12. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

13. ALWAYSBLESS macrumors member

^^ but 2.0.2 isnt even on cydia yet? all I see is 2.0.1-1? :confused:

14. PittsDriver macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

I see the upgrade in Cydia, when I update and my springboard resets, it still shows I have one update in Cydia. Yourtube 2 doesnt seem to be updating for me.

Any ideas?

15. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Same, I still see 2.0.1-1 as well.

16. bw1128 macrumors 6502a

yeah, how did you see an update???

17. hidefguy macrumors 6502

Still has issues

update 2.0.2 out.

So I did a quick test to see if this still had the same issues as before.

1. downloaded a video.
    2. checked to see if it was in the download section.
    3. played downloaded video.
    4. rebooted.

So after this quick test, it passed 1-3, but here is where it gets interesting, after rebooting I went to the download section and what did i find? My old video from the previous version wich no longer played because i deleted all my videos before uninstalling and the video i just downloaded isnt in the downloads section. So basically same as before.

18. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

So the video you just downloaded is no longer there? Awesome. Thanks for the update.

19. hidefguy macrumors 6502

Well it removes it from the downloads section, you can still access the videos using ifile but that defeats the purpose. The developer has to fix this issue.

20. ALWAYSBLESS macrumors member

Great thx for the info I won't even bother reinstalling than vimeo + sdm basically does the same thing anyways

21. PhantomZone macrumors 6502

I was quite hopeful...i did steps 1-3, then quit YouTube, removed it from the multitasking bar and loaded it up again to find the videos there ok....

after a reboot they had all gone again though....:mad:

*avoid this rubbish like the plague....it's a premium priced app that has never worked on i4's!* ( well...premium for Cydia lol )

22. Che Castro macrumors 603

23. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

I just checked my downloaded videos and only one is showing, should be 4 videos. The one that does show is one of, if not my oldest download. I really like the integration. Too bad it doesn't work.

24. iPhone Addict macrumors 6502

I just downloaded the new updated version out on Cydia today. Still doesn't work for me. As soon as I open the YouTube app it crashes back to the springboard.

Anyone else having this problem?

25. iPhone Addict macrumors 6502

Update, if you download a video and try to play it within YouTube it will play fine UNLESS the video was in your favorites list. If it's in your favorite list, it will crash YouTube every time you try to play it. This was the same bug that was there before. Still a broken product. :mad: