Hasn't Apple talked to the people from Autocad ??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by igmolinav, Sep 16, 2008.

1. igmolinav macrumors 65816

Hi,

There is no Archicad version for Mac. Archicad is one of the most used programs in Architecture, (even worldwide). The irony is, that it was originally produced for Mac, and they have not produced it again for Mac. Why??? It would be so cool and super useful. Specially that more, and more people are getting macs. Also, i want to find less reasons to partition my disc for windows ; ) !!!

Any input is appreciated. Thank you very much,

igmolinav

2. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

Why would Apple need to talk to them?

Seriously if Apple called me up and said "Why don't you make this for our computers?" my response would be "ummm, none of your business?"
    I don't understand why so many people put the pressure and responsibility on Apple to force 3rd parties to do things. If they decide to not develop a Mac product it's not Apple's fault, they must have their reasons.

Not to mention it's not AutoCad (and that's a product not the company, the actual company is Autodesk) that has anything to do with Archicad, wrong company. On that note, Autodesk does have a couple products that work on Mac, but not Autocad.

AND Archicad v10 from Graphisoft runs natively on OS X Intel machines.

3. craigsharp@spym macrumors newbie

Have you even looked at the system requirements for ArchiCAD from Grafisoft's website? Version 12 works with OSX. Even on older G5 systems.

Do your research b4 you post.

4. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69