Hasn't rMBP 15" (mid 2015) a real Graphics Card?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iGangsta, Nov 28, 2016.

1. iGangsta macrumors member

Apple's official site only writes "Intel iris pro graphics" Some pages sayin it has "Radeon M370X" too. Im confused. Which graphics card does this model have?

Its cpu (i7-4980hq) is great but if it has only integrated gpu so how can it be sufficient for graphics processing or video editing?

According to your comments, i can opt for mid 2015 series rather than new MBP

2. pshifrin macrumors 6502

pshifrin

Until the release of the 2016 there WAS an option for the M370x. That has been taken away now and the only option is the iris pro 5200. If you want one with with a M370x, you'll have to go refurb or 3rd party seller who still as stock, such as B&H, MacMall, etc.

3. iGangsta thread starter macrumors member

Is iris pro enough for professionally video edit? If it is enough, i choose mid 2015 model with i7 2.8ghz cpu

4. pshifrin macrumors 6502

pshifrin

It can be. I mean you can edit with a 12 inch MacBook. Would a dedicated be a lot faster for renders, sure. But it will work.

5. kwandrews macrumors 6502

The 2015's....ALL of the 15" models have the Iris Pro graphics, but they can be upgraded to the dedicated GPU (not any more, as noted, refurb is the way to go). The 2016's all have both Iris and a dGPU. When the MBP's have both (Iris and dGPU), they can auto-switch between the two depending on app needs.