Hasselblad uglifies NEX-7, charges 6x the price

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by El Cabong, Sep 18, 2012.

1. El Cabong macrumors 6502a

2. WRP macrumors 6502a

It's hasselblad. Anything hasselblad or leica cater to a very specific crowd. Only thing here is it uses Sony lenses...:eek:

3. joemod macrumors regular

5.000 euros for a crop camera? Which crowd will prefer that? Unless it has the most revolutionary sensor ever made.

4. wgnoyes macrumors 6502

5. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

They are working with Sony to produce it (just like they worked with Fuji on the Xpan)

6. WRP macrumors 6502a

People with money to burn. Look you aren't going to be seeing this on every street corner, but say, a famous "glamorous" celeb wants a fast shooting mirrorless camera... are they going with the Sony or the Hasselblad when $6k means a minute of their time? Come on... there is a market for anything, and pretty much no one who takes the time to post on this forum is in that market.

7. Doylem macrumors 68040

Doylem

Nonsense, sir. I bought two; they make excellent paperweights...

8. Highcroft macrumors regular

Lensrental.com has already gotten a copy. They seem to like the improvements on it.

[​IMG]

9. joemod macrumors regular

Great answer. (voted up)

10. steveash macrumors 6502

steveash

I'm hoping this means that Hasselblad are also working with Sony to develop serious cameras rather than just expensive toys. Sony is the biggest innovator in the industry right now and Hasselblad make the best high-end cameras so there is a lot of potential there for serious products if they stop messing around with branding exercises.

11. El Cabong thread starter macrumors 6502a

Looks like Hasselblad's already on the defensive.

From the British Journal of Photography:
    Translation: We know that rich idiots will pay us lots of money for a camera made of gold and wood. It's not our fault; we have nothing else to offer.

12. carlgo macrumors 68000

As a Nex-7 owner, I think it is kind of cool, different. Wood makes a nice grip.

What is odd is that they changed the two top dials but seem to have left the infamous video button untouched, right to where it will be accidentally hit over and over like Sony's. Maybe they have a double-click or lock-out solution in their software. Many of us have added a protective aftermarket ring, but this design precludes that.

Many think the 7 will eventually house a full frame sensor, as they will fit in the camera and the lens mount is big enough to feed it light. The crop sensor with a worthy lens is very good as it is.

13. sim667 macrumors 65816

Bear in mind sony use carl zeiss for their lenses.

Not as good as 'blad or leica cuts, but definately better than the tripe sony used to provide you with.