Haswell 13" rMBP weird charging pattern

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tinmeigut, Oct 29, 2013.

1. tinmeigut, Oct 29, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2013

tinmeigut macrumors newbie

In short, MegSafe's light turns to green when the rMBP is not fully charged. It will continue charging, but stop when it's nearly full. Let's say the Max capacity stated by System Info is 6530 mAh. MegSafe would turn green at like 6300 mAh and continue to charge until like 6480 mAh (still not fully charged). Throughout this whole period, the battery indicator would indicate that the battery is 100% charged. And then if the rMBP is turned off, and restarted, System Info would suddenly indicate that the charge remaining has become 6530 mAh, and that the machine is fully charged.

There's a thread on a problem similar to this a year ago about the MBA:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1429790

I wonder if anyone with a new Haswell rMBP also has the same problem here? I know there's a page here dedicated to battery - I've read it - but it doesn't seem to address this particular question.

2. Loading... macrumors newbie

Yes, I've also noticed this at my 2nd charge. And I also found that the current max capacity seems to change all the time ie. yesterday it was 6530mAh, now it goes up slightly to 6538mAh. I am not sure if it has something to do with the AC adapter. I keep my macbook plugging in all the time. I don't know if I overcharged my batteries... anyone?:confused: