haswell retina macbook pro left speaker louder than right, normal?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by syfoon, Nov 30, 2013.

1. syfoon macrumors newbie

Noticed that the left speaker is significantly louder than the right side. Had others noticed the same thing as well. The speaker balance is in the center. Was wondering if it's supposed to be built this way or maybe I have a lemon? Any response appreciated, thanks.

2. Fzang macrumors 65816

Fzang

No, stereo setups are not meant to be off-balance. You should trade it.

3. icarlos macrumors newbie

icarlos

Same here

I have the same problem, just bought it 2 weeks ago. Mine sounds even with headphones. Taking to apple store tomorrow.

4. icarlos macrumors newbie

icarlos

Took it to Apple store and they acknowledged the problem. They offered me to repair it there but I demanded a new replacement machine. The guy said the could not replace it because it was purchased from another retailer and not apple.

I stayed firm and calm requesting a new replament...after couple of trips to the back they decided to order me a new one but it'll take 3 weeks since it's a custom 3199.00 machine. Can you believe they were giving me a hard time???

5. chetzar macrumors newbie

No I cannot, it probably would have taken ALOT less time to repair it. You have a right to demand a new machine, but if this was the only problem, I would have let them repair it, as its a minor issue in the grand scheme of things.

6. Asuriyan macrumors 6502a

Yes. You should have taken it back where you bought it if you expected an exchange.

Exceptions to return policies are just that, exceptions. They're under no obligation to do anything beyond the terms of the warranty.

On a side note, this is why I always buy direct from Apple when I have the option.

7. gtmac macrumors 6502a

I'm with the others. You should have returned it where you bought it.

8. icarlos, Dec 7, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2013

icarlos macrumors newbie

icarlos

Understand, I've had the laptop for less than 14 days. They should not give anyone a hard time specially when you trusted them enough to shell out $3100.00 in such a master piece. This is my primary business computer and I just cannot afford to be without it for a day. Shipping back to the store and waiting for a new one will take at least a week. In my opinion it's an Apple's manufacturing defect and not the reseller's fault.