Haswell rmbp 13

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ray6712, Aug 5, 2014.

1. ray6712 macrumors regular

ray6712

Really looking for advice on what i should do as im growning increasingly frustrated. About 2 weeks ago the trackpad on my mac got really jittery until it just wouldnt don anything.

I called Apple Care and the sent out a package i sent it to them. They promptly sent it back two days later. The laptop functioned perfectly then i noticed it was growing increasingly hot, so hot in fact it shut down. So i gave them another call and they instructed me to take it to the Apple store which i did.

The Genius in the Apple store checked it out and said the logic board could have been faulty right out of the box, he also said he would replace it and check it out to verify it if any issue arise. He said he would keep it a few days just to make sure they dont miss a thing i agreed.

So the next day The store calls and tells me its ready they ran their test and tried to stress it and verified everything was fine. I went this morning and picked it up and it booted and everything was great.

I get it home and 2 hours later i open it up to a flashing folder with a question mark on it, im looking for suggestions on how to remedy this myself

2. yjchua95 macrumors 604

Hmm...looks like no boot drive was assigned.

Boot into Recovery and try reinstalling OS X.

3. ray6712 thread starter macrumors regular

ray6712

I tried reinstalling OS X and I get an error with a yellow triangle any yhoughts

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Use Disk Utility to repair the disk.

5. ray6712 thread starter macrumors regular

ray6712

Tried it twice they want me to take it back to the Apple store will probably do that today