Haswell rMBP automatically logging off constantly!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by FrankoSullivano, Oct 24, 2013.

1. FrankoSullivano macrumors newbie

Oct 18, 2013
    United Kingdom
    My new rMBP is constantly logging off inexplicably. Perhaps every hour on average.

Didn't have the problem the first day I bought it but today it is a problem. Looking at the Console I keep getting this message a lot;

"The USB device Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad (Port 5 of Hub at 0x14000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)"

This message appears constantly but also appears exactly around the time the machine asks me if I'm sure if I want to log off. Left unsupervised it logs off after 30 seconds.

On top of that my cursor has frozen a couple of times and only a forceful shutdown solves the problem. I realise I could just take it back to Apple for a replacement no problem, so please don't offer this as a solution. I'd rather avoid that if I could as it took me a day to transfers files and install software.

I want to know if anyone is familiar with this issue and can offer concrete solutions. Also if anyone else has suffered from this particular problem and what could be a possible cause.

Thank you.
  2. wfj5444 macrumors 6502

Jul 2, 2008
    I posted the same thing in the long discussion but it is worth posting here too:

Has anyone tried turning off Sleep? Settings->Energy Saver -> Computer Sleep Slider to Never?

Soudns like a wake from sleep issue based on all the console messages.
  3. animat macrumors newbie

Oct 27, 2013
    Under system prefs > Privacy > Diagnostics & Usage > Advanced... there is a check box to automatically log out after a user definable period of inactivity. Sounds like that may be the culprit?