Haswell RMBP keyboard/trackpad freeze

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Chatran, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Chatran macrumors member

Do the haswell rmbp owners here still experience keyboard/trackpad freeze after EFI 1.3? I see the thread still growing in apple support forum, but nothing in here.

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

3. Buck987 macrumors 6502a

Used my new 13" retina for four hours tonight, doing updates, loading software and apps and didnt have one issue.

4. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

No noticeable freezing, but kernels are still showing up in Console.

5. Leisyu macrumors member

6. Chatran thread starter macrumors member

7. macfacts macrumors 68020

macfacts

I'm still having those problems on mine even after the update. I brought mine in while it was unresponsive. The only suggestion the apple genius guy gave was to replace the keyboard (whole top housing including battery) for a cost of $430 if you are out of warranty ((I'm not).

8. Meister Suspended

Meister

I had the problem in the beginning about every two hours:mad:. after the update it never returned

9. Omnirai macrumors member

After the EFI update, havent encountered the trackpad/keyboard freeze.. Been a week when I installed it..

Im reading the apple support forums too, there are still many people complaining that the error still occurs. I dont think they are making things up, many of them stated that they indeed installed the EFI update.

10. Chatran thread starter macrumors member

11. GoingDark macrumors 6502

13" rMBP here, and I never had any issues whatsoever with my trackpad. But I bought mine after the EFI update was released so it probably patched itself on the first boot.

12. tuan time macrumors regular

I notice it a TINY bit when scrolling after I tap space bar to preview documents in the finder window. Not sure if it is because of the same issue or not.

13. looking4anotebo macrumors 6502

Yes, I am getting it after the update. Only solution is to restart the computer.

I think I'm noticing a trend of it coming on when I go from one browser to another.