HATE PowerSupport Air Jacket...better replacement?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jor17, Oct 27, 2011.

1. jor17 macrumors member

I got the PowerSupport Air Jacket and absolutely hate it. The back has horrible smudging from your fingers, and it scratches very easily (despite it supposedly being "scratch proof"). The case also develops that "rainbow" effect from the smudging, can't really explain what it is exactly.

I like the thinness of the case but hate the quality of this one and the material it is made from.

Can anyone suggest a good clear thin case I can buy to replace this one once I ship it back to PowerSupport?

2. jor17 thread starter macrumors member

anyone have any suggestions?

3. diacritic macrumors regular

No. I have this and I'm happy with it. My wife has the incipio feather and it started peeling after three days. Perhaps the incase snap?

4. jor17 thread starter macrumors member

The case feels good but the smudging on the back makes it look terrible. Maybe I'm OCD but just not what I expected.

I read good reviews here on the case but it's not what I had hoped for.

5. TBONE72 macrumors regular

I'd look at the Incase Snap case which is similar to the Air Jacket. I have the black one, which is translucent and allows you to see the Apple logo on the back and is very nice. I'm pretty picky about scratches and smudges myself. They also have a clear one if that is what you like. I just bought mine from NewEgg.com which had it for half the price.

6. jor17 thread starter macrumors member

any pics of your case?

can't find it on newegg.com...

7. MrRon macrumors regular

MrRon

Air Jacket is nothing special ... and doesn't worth the price

8. puma1552 macrumors 601

This whole forum has nothing but cases, try clicking some threads and you
    'll surely find plenty of clear, thin cases being discussed.

I don't get why people get upset when their case, which is designed to take the brunt of the phone's beating, gets scratched--that's the whole point of the case.

9. Shanewilliams macrumors 6502a

I would have to agree with you. I'd been arguing with myself over the past few days trying to justify spending $40 on a case such as the air jacket, but I finally lost the argument when I was in the Apple store and purchased it. I absolutely love the screen protector! It was the first one I've ever used that I didn't get frustrated with air bubbles! My main issue is with the actual air jacket case itself. When I first took it out of the packaging I noticed some surface scratches already, primarily on the inside of the case. It might just be me being way to picky, but I feel like when I pay that kind of money for a case it should not have a single scratch on it when first removed from the packaging! I went ahead and installed the case, the scratches are very noticeable with the black iPhone. SO, I'm not sure if its a quality control issue at Power Support or if someone had bought the case and returned it to Apple(where it apparently went right back on the shelf) or what the deal is. I plan to take this back to Apple this week and see if they will swap it out for me. Hopefully they don't have an issue with me checking the case before I leave, otherwise I'll just ask for a refund. Guess I could combine the Power Support screen protectors with the Desmay Slight. I've been reading great things about it!

10. kicko macrumors 65816

clear hard plastic scratches - end of debate
    black gloss finish shows the most fingerprints/scratch - black matte the least noticible
    white gloss shows the least amount of fingerprints/scratch - white white matte gets dirty very easily.

why not look at something like a TPU case? they are pretty good with scratching and keep looking like new.

i have a smoke feather and i love it but it gets hair line scratches if you look at it. I would just get a bumper or maybe just a skin if your trying for scratch protection not drop protection

11. a.y.n macrumors regular

a.y.n

After trying out quite a few cases, I'm really digging the Incase Snapcase in the "Clear Forst" color.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you have a black phone, I had the black version on my iPhone 4 (free from the antenna gate case program), and that was a good case. I know Incase is nothing exotic, but this case is actually pretty decent.

12. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

You'll find that a lot of people on this forum want a case for their case.