Hate the 6 Plus landscape keyboard

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by sunking101, Dec 7, 2014.

1. sunking101, Dec 7, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2014

sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

It's too small! I just want the portrait keyboard with larger keys.
    Landscape itself is just annoyingly half-baked. Only certain apps rotate, Safari crashes and worse, I can't select web links which kinda makes portrait mode the only game in town.

2. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

I have to agree. There are too many buttons which made typing much less accurate than the landscape keyboard in previous iPhones.

3. DKDonkeyKong macrumors newbie

DKDonkeyKong

I'm not a fan either. The portrait one is much more accurate honestly.

4. apple.snapple macrumors regular

Agreed. There is nothing good about landscape mode on 6+ as nearly all the apps I use do not have a landscape mode, so I twist, then twist again, then twist again. Not easy with 5.5 inches.

5. DoctorKrabs macrumors 6502a

DoctorKrabs

It should be a split keyboard in landscape, with the cut, copy and paste keys in the middle since they're used less.

It makes no sense to place the main keys in the center where they're hard to reach.

6. sunking101 thread starter macrumors 603

sunking101

Ugh, no. Not a split keyboard. Maybe that option should be made available but not the only one. I'm quite happy to press a key to get additional functionality, I don't need the punctuation and copy/paste keys permanently visible as they take up space. The landscape keyboard should have larger keys than the portrait keyboard, and at present it's ludicrously the other way around.

----------

Done all that but still can't open links in landscape mode. I click on links on web pages and nothing happens.

7. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Agreed. it's an odd keyboard along with its goofy "paste" icon that looks like Elmer's glue.