Hate the new Facebook? Use this to go back to the old Facebook.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Samarium, Sep 14, 2008.

?

Do you like the new Facebook?

1. Yes! I love it.

29 vote(s)
    29.3%
  2. No. Get me back to the Old Facebook.

34 vote(s)
    34.3%
  3. I really don't care.

28 vote(s)
    28.3%
  4. I don't use Facebook at all.

8 vote(s)
    8.1%
  1. Samarium macrumors 6502a

Samarium

Hello everyone. :) If you're like me, and like 1,000,000+ more FB users you are hating the new Facebook design. I found this little guide on how to get back to the old one. I used the first link and it worked perfectly. Post here with results, what OS you're using and what browser you use. Good luck. :apple:

2. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

I really like the new layout. It cleans up the stupid Application clutter that ruined Facebook months ago.

3. Samarium thread starter macrumors 6502a

Samarium

You know that you can erase at least your own clutter?

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I love the new Facebook. It was getting too much like MySpace, what with the abused layouts full of applications. I want to view somebodies contact info, I don't care what type of vampire they are!
    Just works so much faster and the customisable feeds are very useful. Again... I don't care about what type of whatever someone is in my news feed so I can filter that out.

5. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

I find that the people that don't like the new people are the kind of people that complain that the new facebook doesn't allow them to freely express themselves as a person, by overloading their profile with crappy "apps"...

6. yrsonicdeath macrumors 6502

I totally agree. Granted the first time I logged into the new one it took some getting used to, but now that I am I feel it's much better.

7. spikespike macrumors member

Everyone's so pissed about the new layout, but really it is not too bad. I've got a screenshot of the old layout around here somewhere (and by old I mean circa 2004).

8. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

I'm not a fan of it, but I don't work so well with change. :)

9. Tanglewood macrumors 6502a

Tanglewood

Thanks for the link. With using Facebook for about four years now I've gotten really use to the the old layout. The new layout didn't win me over when it crashed my browser within 5 minutes after making me switch over.

10. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Facebook peaked about 3 years ago...since then every change has been either poorly thought out or done solely to increase profits.

I still use Facebook several time a day to communicate with all of my real life friends (as opposed to myspace-which don't have-which seems to be geared towards making 'online friends'). To not use facebook in college is to be a complete social outcast. :p

11. Xavier macrumors 68020

I have never clicked on the try the new facebook thing, and I am still on the old facebook.

I have never tried to new facebook, and have never been forced to switch. I am still and always have been on the old facebook. No app needed for me at least

12. BillyBobBongo macrumors 68020

BillyBobBongo

Change is always hard....no they're not gonna listen to you....get used to it! :D

13. 11800506 macrumors 65816

I actually really like the new facebook. At first the changes were weird but after a little while I began to not even notice that it was different. I'm glad they finally moved applications to their own section so now it's less cluttered. It just takes a little while to get used to, but once you do it's great.

14. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

I only started using Facebook last month...I think it put me right into the new one. I switched to the old version to try it out but kind of prefer the new version...maybe becuase I started with the new one and that's what I've gotten used to?

15. NeoMayhem macrumors 6502a

The new layout is a lot better, I like it a lot.

16. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

I agree. At first I found the tabs a little confusing and annoying, but now that I've become accustomed to the changes I like the uncluttered - app free - look.

17. spikespike macrumors member

18. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

How interesting, in other threads you seemed quite against software pirates, yet there you have LimeWire and some expensive looking apps :D

19. spikespike macrumors member

Psh did you follow up on the thread? I'm not against pirates at all. And FYI, I didn't pirate those games....I think.

20. donga macrumors 6502a

donga

wow, that is old school facebook. like circa 2004

21. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

22. Samarium thread starter macrumors 6502a

Samarium

I think that people are complaining because of being used(incluiding me) of the "Old Facebook". In my opinion they should give us the option of which layout to use in "Account".

:)

23. luckygyrl83 macrumors 6502

Ok, well, I dont love it. I just like it. Its clean and simple, just like Apple.

24. InvalidUserID macrumors 6502a

InvalidUserID

Facebook's HQ is only a few blocks from my apartment.

Its funny actually that this past weekend, the topic came up over dinner. After dinner, we walked past Facebook's lobby and someone had taped a piece of paper with some rather choice words for the "new" Facebook along with a really cool looking anime figure commiting seppuku in front of a computer.

I thought it was funny.

25. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

But is was a terrible way to navigate around, it was confusing, but the new one is so easy to learn, half the people who are complaining about facebook are just doing it to look good.. it's pathetic...

It's a website, it can do whatever it wants, it could change your display picture to that of a dog if they wanted too, they could utterly jumble all your details if they so wished, it's their site, their "service", it's free, if you paid for it i could see a point in the keep it how i was, but you didn't....

Kids these days eh, they think they own the place...