Hate the new iOS 6 look?

Do you hate the new OS look?

• Yes, the old look is a lot better.

Votes: 18 13.1%
  • Love the iOS 6 design.

Votes: 77 56.2%
  • Love it but hate the silver/white music app

Votes: 19 13.9%
  • Hate everything about it! Total BS! App store is black, music is silver, camera black!

Votes: 23 16.8%

• Total voters

EarthNeutron

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 6, 2010
Earth
I personally hate the blue tint. The **** is wrong with you apple? And the silver in the music app looks like ****.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy-V

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2007
I seriously think they should bring the app store look across the entire phone.

HCR93

macrumors member
Dec 21, 2011
Manchester, UK
I don't mind most of the colours individually, but as a whole it just lacks any sense of consistency I expect from Apple, and kinda bugs my OCD! There seems no reason some apps are one colour and some another. And why does the status bar sometimes go blue? The most ugly part IMO is the new dialer though, which looks like something from HTC Sense...

Phil A.

Staff member
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
It's a first beta release - of course there are going to be inconsistencies in the UI as not everything will have been updated yet!

HCR93

macrumors member
Dec 21, 2011
Manchester, UK
It's a first beta release - of course there are going to be inconsistencies in the UI as not everything will have been updated yet!
I would understand that if they were moving towards one look and only some things have been updated to reflect that, but it seems it's pulling in multiple directions. I guess they could be trying different things, but just seems there's no 'unified vision' from what I've seen. I hope (it probably will be) sorted by October :D:rolleyes:

JoeyiPodT4G

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2012
It's awful the music app looks like crap and the new app seems pointless and why get rid of google maps. Im staying with ios 5.1.1 until iOS 6.1 or 6.0.1 comes out.

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Jan 31, 2003
I hate the new dialer, it looks cheap and ugly. Bring back the original black one please.

I also don't like the new appstore look, looks dark and dirty and not as clean and simplistic as iOS 5.

I do love the new music player interface with the metal button, looks clean.

kiwiboi87

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2011
New Zealand
some of the updated looks are nice,
others need some work.

i think once we get closer to GM, all of the UIs will fall into place.

I'm half and half

app store, and music app are nice

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
The only visual change I don't care for is the color adaptive status bar. I fear this will make the red "call" and blue "hotspot" status reminders "blend in" in some cases.

Last edited:

Rogifan

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2011
Why do people keep throwing around "beta"? I dont think the inconsistency in the UI design is a "bug" that needs to be fixed. And I highly doubt between now and the phone's release we're going to see major changes to iOS's UI look and feel.

Calidude

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2010
WP7 and Android ICS: Cohesive design throughout the OS = Stupid, boring, lame.
Apple iOS6: Design varies from App to App, not consistent at all = Brilliant, innovative, trendsetter!

You guys crack me up.

WordMasterRice

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2010
Upstate NY
Beta means in development still. That means the UI isn't complete yet. Which means the "basic tenants of user interface design" haven't been fully implemented.
Beta means design has completed and they are looking for bugs to fix, Which means the "basic tenants of user interface design" have been thrown out.

mnemonix

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2005
WP7 and Android ICS: Cohesive design throughout the OS = Stupid, boring, lame.
Apple iOS6: Design varies from App to App, not consistent at all = Brilliant, innovative, trendsetter!

You guys crack me up.
Are you being paid to crap on literally every thread on this forum? Seriously man, every one I open, there you are with another inane, negative comment. From what I've read you now use an Android phone now anyway? Get a life.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.