Hate the "STORE" button that replaces "BACK" on iOS 5 Beta 4!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JCCL, Aug 5, 2011.

1. JCCL macrumors 6502a

This is the most annoying thing I have found with the iOS 5 betas. Every time I start playing music and stay listening for a while, when I wanna go to a different album or something, the back button on the music app gets replaced by a store one that takes me to the iTunes Store, and I always end up clicking it (after all, I have been using that button to get back for 4 years), I don't wanna purchase anything!!!! Is this by design or just a silly bug? If it is by design, hope that Apple gets enough negative feedback to remove it once it is released!

2. JCCL thread starter macrumors 6502a

Already did, wanted to know some other thoughts on this.

3. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

LOL there's a button in the music app that takes you from the iPod to the iTunes store to buy something? Talk about corporate marketing.

I can picture the Apple meeting at a big oval table where someone comes up with this idea and gets a few high-fives.

4. JCCL thread starter macrumors 6502a

The worst thing is that they replace a frequently used button BACK after some time when you don't notice, and when you actually click oh surprise, it was no longer BACK but it was Store! now if you want to go back you have to click on artist or albums buttons at the bottom!

5. jap1198 macrumors 6502

AGREED. That store button is annoying me. Hopefully Apple changes this.

6. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

That's crap! I don't use the music app that much but that would surely aggregate me. Totally goes against the expected UI behavior.

7. admanimal macrumors 68040

That is not for feedback on unreleased products. The appropriate place to post feedback on the iOS beta is http://bugreport.apple.com. No, it is not just for reporting things that don't work.

You'll need to log in with your developer account...which of course everyone who has iOS betas must also have :rolleyes: .

8. g35 macrumors 6502a

This will only help for when you're on the playback/album art view (not the one where you see list of albums, list of songs, etc). Swipe right in the middle of the album art to go back (so it's like you're moving to the left). Takes two tries sometimes.

9. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

10. stathisaska macrumors newbie

Agreeeeeeeee..... Grrhrhhhhhhhrrrhhhhhrrhhh

That's my feedback...

Dear apple team,
    The rediculously big "store" button in the new music app is the most annoying thing a music app can have. In the iPhone is not tha irritating, yet. What on earth are you doing ?? I am an apple user and fan since 2004. iTunes is the biggest music store in the world. You don't need a cunning, irritating, disfunctional and lame button in the enviroment a user listens to music. That's something other companies do and there's a reason they are not that succesful. Please take that button off the music app !!!! Where is the ad free spirit ???? I have an entire app to browse and buy music, I don't need a gigantic button in the music app to make it easier.
    This button is making me feel abused !! Take it out !!