Hate trying to restore this pos iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Brandonjr36, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Brandonjr36 macrumors 65816

Brandonjr36

I hate trying to restore this pos iPhone 7. Damn thing goes back to lock screen every 3 mins and messes the process up.

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Hmmmm…is that possibly because you have the phone set to Auto Lock at 3 minutes?

3. fartnugget213 macrumors member

Whenever I restore from backup, I just make sure to babysit the phone for those few minutes.

It's a little annoying, but it's only a few minutes.

4. Brandonjr36 thread starter macrumors 65816

Brandonjr36

Yeah I finally got it done. But you would think Apple would've done something about that a long time ago.

5. Brandonjr36 thread starter macrumors 65816

Brandonjr36

6. Glideslope macrumors 603

Glideslope

I'm gonna have to have a talk with Brandon Sr. about please and thank you. :rolleyes:

7. Brandonjr36 thread starter macrumors 65816

Brandonjr36

Well you could but he died when I was 13

8. LeishaAnderson480 macrumors newbie

I had to get a new phone... again- actually lifeproof.com fault, but that is for another post... Needless to say, this is not the first time this has happened, but I get my new phone and for the fourth time, I have to take it back and get a new one; this time, because the battery doesn't work. It won't charge. This is the iPhone 6s. I have had to take this phone back numerous times for sound, battery issues, and now to seriously have to take it back, because of a shotty battery?! I just dealt with the MOST inept customer service reps for Apple. I couldn't retrieve my data from the cloud, so I had to use an old iTunes back-up. I asked for a refund on all my extra service fees that I had been paying, for the cloud, that wasn't there??? No one helped me- in fact, they told me they wouldn't refund me?! So over Apple and the crap-ass phones they now produce.

9. Brandonjr36 thread starter macrumors 65816

Brandonjr36

Yeah the way everyone talked was that apple had great customer service. I myself don't think they are any better then anyone else. The guy I talked to was nice but they aren't really all that helpful. Just basically told me to restore.

10. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I suspect your attitude might have affected the attitude of the service people.

11. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

Had you done a little research before going to Apple you would have learned they ALWAYS suggest a restore before doing any sort of service on a phone unless the problem is obviously hardware related.

At least you’ll know for next time if you decide to stick with Apple.