All iPads Haters gonna hate.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bcc212, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

Seems legit.

In the end, the difference is still night and day in real world usage.

2. Andy-V macrumors 6502

If you're used to the a retina screen it's going to look worse. It can't be helped.

I'm not used to one, so it looks fine to me.

3. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

I don't think normal people care.

People just latch onto any weakness in any Apple product.

When the iPhone 4 got that insane retina display, Android fans laughed because it was only 3.5".

Now, the iPad mini has a bigger screen than the Nexus 7 and now they laugh because the PPI is lower.

It's so easy to hate the biggest fish in the pond, happens in everything.

My mum says she HATES Dyson hoovers, haha, HATE a hoover!

My brother HATES Manchester United...

Some of my friends HATE Apple....

Just a fact of life.

4. urkel macrumors 68030

Haters gonna hate
    Defenders gonna defend

If we're being preached to that its NOT about specs then we should judge this stuff on real world usage. And in the real world then there are many legitimate complaints about how things look on the Mini's screen. That's not hate, that's reality without distortion.

5. 53x12 macrumors 68000

53x12

:D. Even in the above video, they note that there is a difference between the iPad mini and the iPad 4: "you can even notice quite a big difference between the two."

That is not hate. It is the truth. There is a difference in the pixel density and it is noticeable. Whether that noticeability is an issue, only the end user can make that call. It is too me.

6. glen e, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2012

glen e macrumors 68030

But why is it necessary to have everyone post that he can see the diff and he's taking his back?

After the 300th post we get it......mods can you consolidate these?

Sitting at the bar right now with 5 guys who are not MR readers....passed the mini up and down the group and let them get their spreads from the Internet....EVERY ONE of them commented on th nice size and clarity......I never asked what they thought, I don't care.....

If you've seen retina, yes, it's less than that, but please..... the posts that this will kill apple, it's a mass conspiracy and its a fail. are rediculous. It was released in November for a reason, the non MR people will think its fine....

7. AntnyMikal macrumors regular

I went to the store and messed with one for a bit, honestly I loved it. I didn't think I'd be that impressed with it but gotta say it is really nice. 275-300$ i would have got it right on the spot after playing with the demo model. Right now I have a 4s so I could see some of the difference in clarity but that wouldn't be a deal breaker for me if I decide to get one.