hating itunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by scooterguitar, Dec 28, 2009.

1. scooterguitar macrumors regular

I'm only on "B" finding artwork, I've spent so manyhorus now setting it up, deleting dupes, and now this. Ugh.

When I'm finally ready to hook up new ipod...I don't want playlists, etc I just want my entire library on it...simple? Any suggestions to help eas emy pain and save me time when I get ready?

2. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

3. scooterguitar thread starter macrumors regular

Windows Vista for now, imac won't be coming until maybe Feb. So trying to get things switched, ready, etc.

Just plug in ipod and hit sync of something?

4. silencer88 macrumors member

When you plug your iPod in, it will automatically sync your entire library, as long as your iPod has enough capacity to hold all of your songs. There should be no pain- it's really easy. My grandma could do it.

When you buys songs from the iTunes Store, they come with the album artwork. If you import CDs, I believe the artwork is acquired automatically as well. To find artwork for any other songs, see this.

I'm confused as to why you're hating iTunes. It sounds like you don't have an organized music library and you really just hate doing the organizing.

5. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

tbh I don't really see the point in album artwork, sure it makes your ipod look fancy when someone peers over your shoulder but it doesn't do anything else. If you've spent hours and only got to 'B' id not bother! :)

6. scooterguitar thread starter macrumors regular

I went through and did it manually, but thank you.
    Barely starting to figure my way around itunes.

7. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

iTunes is the worst thing on this planet in windows. Especially Vista.

I'd advise using songbird or mediamonkey to sync your ipod instead.

8. Hilmi Hamidi macrumors 6502

Mine just working fine on my Win 7 64Bit.
    Been using it since version 4, the best player ever.

9. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

Incase you're not finished;

If you have an account with iTunes store you can right click "get artwork" and iTunes'll fill it in for you (most of the time :rolleyes:)

You just don't understand iTunes too well now, wait until you find the real reasons to hate it. The endless lag, the videos that mysteriously won't sync, the obvious feature you just can't find etc etc etc

Oh the fun.