Hats Off to Angela Ahrendts

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by KPOM, Apr 24, 2015.

1. powerslave65 macrumors regular

2. DavidLynch macrumors 6502a

In before the praise from those that got their watch today and outrage from those that didn't.

3. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

She gets praise from me as someone who has to wait until May.

4. its93rc macrumors 6502

its93rc

Praise for what? Shipping Apple Watch to 'boutiques' where surely scalpers will buy them instead of the loyal customers who have anticipated the device and woke up at the middle of the night to pre-order it? Or is the praise due to the complete lack of Apple Watch at their OWN retail stores?

5. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

Right, because she controls manufacturing and supply chain.:rolleyes:

That writer needs an education. I'm so sick of seeing or hearing 'optics' used that way. It's so damn annoying.

6. Speedman100 macrumors 6502

Speedman100

7. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

I did get my watch today but realistically not everyone was going to get their watch today. I had to wait until November to get my 128 GB iPhone 6 plus and even then I didn't get the colour I wanted. I didn't blame Apple. It was just an in demand product.

8. whatos macrumors 6502a

Make no mistake, she did only what her superior authorized. Apple is hyper focused on catering to the elitist crowd. She's simply facilitating that.

9. powerslave65 macrumors regular

its93rc was referring to retail channels not supply chains...not knowing the difference is damn annoying!

10. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

Who provides the stock of products for the retail channels? Supply Chain. Not understanding how business works- annoying. :rolleyes:

( joking- not trying to get into a argument )

My point is she can't stock the retail channels if there isn't enough products to stock those channels and that falls on the supply chain.

Or maybe, the demand has far outstripped Apples rosiest projections.

11. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

As the new head of retail, my first move is to make sure the first big product launch will not be sold in retail stores.

12. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

You can beg, plead, do whatever but you are always at the mercy of your suppliers.

When a ran a DC it was a constant juggling act and tons of negotiations trying to one up others to make sure I never had backorders.

It's not easy, especially on this scale.

13. Dmal99 macrumors 6502

Seems like everyone here forgot about all iphone and iPad launches. In those cases you knew exactly what delivery window you were retting. Only reason they did the window thing on the watxh is because they launched too early and knew some would get boned.

Window should mean people who ordered later get it later not people who ordered a blue band get it today and space gray 38mm users get it who knows when.

Horrible launch and I weep for the next iPhone launch if this is how it is. It's going to be a scary chaotic horrid event.

14. Apollonian macrumors 6502a

Apollonian

Hats Off to Angela Ahrendts

I personally think, if anything, she should be criticized. I think she destroyed the tradition of launch day line ups, something that has been a staple of Apple and something that I, as crazy as it sounds, not only enjoyed but also provided Apple HUGE amounts of press coverage!

For the record I received one of two watches today that I ordered immediately at 12:03 and 12:04. For the first time ever I haven't had a product at launch despite a preorder at midnight.