HATS OFF to Apple !!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mbp-abby, Apr 16, 2009.

1. mbp-abby macrumors newbie

So, my new UMPB arrived last month. About three weeks later, I noticed a dead/stuck pixel towards the top of the screen. This pixel was visible only on a very bright white screen and didn't bother me a lot. I decided to call Apple and tell them about it anyway so that they have it on record. At this point, I was already out of the 14 day remorse period so didn't expect anything to happen. I called Apple and they said why don't you take it down to the Apple store, just so that someone can take a look. I said, ok, no harm doing that.

So a week after that (I couldn't go earlier, plus I wasn't really hoping for anything), I go to an apple store, and a genius looks at the MBP and he says, "Nah, I am not impressed with the trouble the phone guys have put you through. They should never have asked you to come all the way over for such a new machine". So he goes ahead and calls Applecare, takes my credit card details (to hold a charge for the second machine), and asks them to send out a replacement. He also tells me that he would have just replaced the machine there and then had it not been bought online under an employee purchase scheme.

And two days later, I have my new MBP. So now I have five days to transfer all my data and send back the first MBP (which they will come and collect when I call them!)

All in all, WOW! Apple agreed to take back a whole machine for an almost un-noticeable dead pixel close to some corner. I AM IMPRESSED !!! :)

So far, APPLECARE ROCKS !!!

2. Jamesl94 macrumors regular

Haha. Congrats!

Apple are wicked with stuff like that. I had a 2 week old macbook which the battery flap didnt fit well and I went in to the Apple store and I thought they would give me a spare part, but they gave me a brand new computer and 20% off my next purchase.

James

3. macgrl macrumors 65816

That is great to hear. Glad that it got sorted for you! :)