Hauling iMac to Apple store for repair

Discussion in 'iMac' started by onthecouchagain, Aug 9, 2011.

1. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Hey, just curious, those that have had to bring in their iMacs into the Applestore, do you just lug the iMac itself, or do you put it back in the box and whatnot and carry it that way?

I'm just really curious!

2. blevins321 macrumors 68030

I'd put it in the box for safety, especially if yours is inside a mall.

3. iLidz macrumors member

iLidz

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

I haven't had to haul mine in but if I ever do it's going in the box!

4. zarathu macrumors regular

zarathu

5. dfine1966 macrumors 6502

When the hard drive went on my wife's iMac, I put it in the box. It made it easier to transport when bringing it to the Apple store.

6. eatmyjustice macrumors member

eatmyjustice

I just did this last week. I lugged it in.... They ended up replacing my iMac and I lugged that one back out to the car the same way :D

7. mac-ho macrumors member

Just wrap it in one of those movers blanket or similar quilt. The 27" is only about 30.5 Lbs. That's about the same as a case of 12oz. bottles of beer. Seems easy now huh?

8. mac-ho macrumors member

9. wilfried macrumors member

The two times I've had to do it, I put it back in the box and wheeled it on a luggage cart. The first time I lugged it on the subway! The next time I wised up and took a cab. At the the store, I saw someone else who brought his in a large canvas bag. That seemed to work well enough for him (I'm guessing his was a 21" though, mine is a 24").