Hava over Slingbox?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Metsfan7450, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Metsfan7450 macrumors regular

Metsfan7450

The guy at Best Buy just recommend Hava over Slingbox for live tv streaming over pc or mobile phone. He said that he's heard it works with the iphone through our orblive app. Just wanted to see if anyone has tried this? If it works like this guy says it does, we don't need to wait for the Slingbox app. Also, what's the difference in the Free Orblive app and the $9.99 Orblive app?

2. Metsfan7450 thread starter macrumors regular

Metsfan7450

122 Views and no responses....anyone....anyone?

Everyone is so passionate about getting a slingbox app....it appears as though this Hava system works with orblive. It also comes with more accessories than Slingbox and you can watch it on multiple systems (desktop, laptop, cell phone) which is something you can't do with Slingbox. Does anyone know if this works with the orblive app on the iphone?

3. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

I can watch Slingbox on multiple devices? What are you talking about? All the devices see the same thing playing on a particular input however if that's what you're talking about. So if I go to watch TV, I can watch the same TV program on multiple devices. But if I have 2 things attached to the Slingbox I can watch input 1 on one device and input 2 on another device.

Orb also requires a PC, so it's worthless to Mac users unless they want to constantly leave a VM open just to run Orb.

I've never heard of the Hava, so I can't comment on it.

4. Evev12 macrumors regular

Thanks for the heads up on Hava. I tend to think that it probably wouldn't work with OrbLive. If you visit their website it says that they don't specify which TV cards are supported by Orb, but they do give you the requirements that the TV card must meet in order for it to be compatible. Try finding out some more info reg. Hava and see if it sounds like it meets the aforementioned requirements. You could always try writing to them too and asking a support rep. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. I think the lack of replies are comming from the fact that many of us have never heard of Hava. This is the first time I'm hearing of it, and I've done TONS of research on streaming video to the iphone.

Good luck! If you wind up testing it out post some feedback.

5. jch9678 macrumors newbie

I'm trying to do the same thing I think and this is what I have learned from searching around. HAVA does work with Orb. The Orb software recognizes the HAVA as a tuner card over the network so you don't need to buy a tuner card (at least on windows). I could be wrong but I don't thing sling can do this.

Also there is a beta or at least a pre-beta of Orb for Mac. Here's more info and you can sign up at http://forums.orb.com/viewtopic.php?t=14317

There's more info on how to set these up in the HAVA and Orb forums. Good luck.

6. crazymexx macrumors member

crazymexx

i would go with a sling box bro... great support. The app is waiting approval!!

7. coachfreak macrumors member

yes, but WHEN FOR THE LOVE OF GOD are they going to approve it???????????????

8. Hutch1 macrumors 6502a

Hutch1

It's in the que behind flashights, light sabers, and fart apps.:confused:

9. coachfreak macrumors member

LMAO... see a Slingbox app would make me RUN to AT&T or Apple and get a new 3G. I think Slingbox over EDGE will drive me bonkers!

10. Luke1robb macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

Do you actually have proof of this or are you just going off of a random guess or rumor?