Have 2.0, It rocks

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by macbooker15, Jul 11, 2008.

1. macbooker15 macrumors 6502

I finally got the 2.0 upgrade for my ipod touch through...unconventional methods and so far it rocks, already have 3 apps through store. The only gripe i have so far is that it shows the current letter you're typing in Password fields

2. mekopolis macrumors regular

yeah i noticed that

so much for privacy huh

3. nish123456 macrumors member

That's good for entering WEP keys.

4. orpheusmyth macrumors member

5. mekopolis macrumors regular

i noticed that it De-Authorized Hi-Res Videos

On 1.4 I was able to upload Hi Res Videos, (they looked the same on the touch, but took up more space, but looked better when sync'd to a tv for viewing)

when i tried playing one, it sayed 'this video is an invalid format and not authorized' or some crap...

6. elbows macrumors regular

Such are the joys :) Clever use of accelerometer & multitouch by some apps make this platform a total win.

Its been a long wait since the first iphone announcement & demo, to get to this point where we can now start to harness the true power of the device via all these apps. Its great, and it will only get better once developers have more time to do clever stuff with it. Lets face it, lots of the apps in the store are not very good but hey, at least theres a lot of them for launch day.

7. elbows macrumors regular

Can you explain exactly what format of videos you are talking about? Ones you encoded yourself or bought from the itunes store?

8. CalmEnvy macrumors 6502

Syncing everything to my iPod, I got it as well... from unconventional methods to.

9. mekopolis macrumors regular

sorry...ones i encoded myself using Total Video Convertor

the Hi Res Video format is the H.264 "High Quality"
    the H.264 Standard Quality works

i mean its not that big of a deal i watch more on the touch then i do on the tv via the touch as a source

I should buy an apple tv, but that would mean i would have to get a new 16:9 ratio tv....someday

10. elbows macrumors regular

Cheers for the info. Apple seem to often muck around with the exact specs of their video when they update firmware or quicktime, so its possible your Total Video Converter needs an update to reflect some tiny change in the higher-spec video encoding settings. I expect all will become clear in the coming days or weeks.

Video is a pain in the backside when issues like these rear their head, especially if you have already spent a lot of time encoding footage.