Have 2.2.1 Iphone what CAN'T I do?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by thriii, Feb 16, 2009.

1. thriii macrumors 6502

from what I understand, I won't be able to use yellowsn0w is this correct? I'm not completely sure all of the uses for yellowsn0w so can some1 clear that up for me? Will I stil be able to Jailbreak my iphone? can I install everything from cydia? Seems Jailbreaking/Unlocking are 2 diff things.. kinda confusing..:confused: can someone explain what it is I can't do since I have the updated baseband?

2. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

You'll be able to do everything except use yellowsn0w,that means no using a different SIM and carrier.

3. Zincous macrumors 6502

If you are on 2.2.1 you can still jailbreak. Which means you can get all the apps and everything from cydia.

2.2.1 means you cannot unlock the phone anymore. Which means you don't have the option to pop in a SIM card from another company like t-mobile and use their service. If you already have AT&T and are happy, you have nothing to worry about. This is only for using an iphone on T-mobile (in the US)

Jailbreaking is getting all the apps, which you can do. Unlocking is using the phone on another service.

4. thriii thread starter macrumors 6502

ah great :) I'll start now then :) is there anything I wanna make sure I do before I Jailbreak my iphone?

5. chrisgpix macrumors member

confused!

This thread is leaving me confused as I have exactly the same issue with 2.2.1
    Basically I want to jailbreak and unlock but you guys here are saying you can jailbreak but once you've done that you can't unlock EVER. Can someone maybe explain to me if once jailbroken the phone is locked forever...OR is locked until someone works out a hack for the 02.30 baseband thingy...HOWEVER I've found a few sites that offer unlocks for 2.2.1...here's one for example....http://www.unlock-the-iphone.com/

So who is right!?!?!?

6. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

It may be possible some time in the future to software unlock but it doesn't look too likely. Various SIM based unlocks are available peoples success varies.

The second of your statements,it is locked until someone finds away to unlock the latest baseband.The others are Sim unlocks