Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sman789

Customer Support
Original poster
Staff member
Dec 25, 2007
Richmond, VA
I tried earlier today, I have the IPSW and iTunes did not allow it through Shift+Restore. It would check the file but would stop before loading it on to the phone. I know there is no real reason to doing this but I've been having problems with connecting to AT&T with the phone. I can call and text but data/internet is not working. I'm getting the "Could not activate cellular data network" pop-up when I open safari. I've done countless restores to backup and even setting it up as a new phone.

FireSokar

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010
I tried earlier today, I have the IPSW and iTunes did not allow it through Shift+Restore. It would check the file but would stop before loading it on to the phone. I know there is no real reason to doing this but I've been having problems with connecting to AT&T with the phone. I can call and text but data/internet is not working. I'm getting the "Could not activate cellular data network" pop-up when I open safari. I've done countless restores to backup and even setting it up as a new phone.

If your smart you told Cydia to "make your life easier" if so your files are backed up on saurik's server with any luck. Try Tiny Umbrella run it as administrator and you should be good to go if they are backed up.

sman789

Customer Support
Original poster
Staff member
Dec 25, 2007
Richmond, VA
Are there any other programs to check saved blobs? This is jailbroken on 4.0 and I did save them on cydia (weeks ago). Using TinyUmbrella on Mac and Windows show the only ones saved are 4.0.2 even though the firmware is 4.0

I'm bufu'd aren't I?:(

winterny

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2010
If you're still JB'd on 4.0, Cydia should say on it's home page what versions of the SHSH blobs you have saved on file with them...

sman789

Customer Support
Original poster
Staff member
Dec 25, 2007
Richmond, VA
I forgot to mention, I lent the phone to my Dad and it was jailbroken on 4.0 with 3.1.2 and 4.0 SHSH on file. I restored it to a fresh 4.0 and ever since that I've had trouble using jailbreakme and getting the "Could not activate cellular data network" popup. I'll try another umbrella program when I get home tonight. I think I've used sn0wbreeze before.

But right now I'm on 4.0, jailbreakme.com is always shutting down to homescreen, can't connect to AT&T data and TinyUmbrella shows my only SHSH on file is 4.0.2

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.