Have a 1st gen 8gb Itouch. Is the 3rd gen worth it?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Rcasa, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Rcasa macrumors newbie

Rcasa

I've had a 1st gen ipod since the school event last year. I was originally looking to upgrade regardless so help me out with opinions. Should I get the 3rd gen itouch? I'm gonna be getting a 32 gb if I do.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. Rcasa thread starter macrumors newbie

Rcasa

most definitely. I'm also looking to finally get apps and my current ipod is on software 1 still. haven't updated.

4. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

It's absolutely worth it. It's also far faster than the first gen. At the moment I'm trying to convince myself that I don't really need the 64GB version. (have last gen 32) If I had a first gen 8GB I would have ordered a new one on Wednesday.

5. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

I have a 1st gen 16GB touch... it was the "premium" model at the time and then the 32GB came out just a few months later (much earlier than originally planned by :apple:...:mad:I would have waited for the minimal cost difference)...

I'd like the 64GB due to personal use and capacity issues but I'm still a bit uninspired by this "current" update to really want to plunk down that kind of $$ for the minimal upgrade these now seem to be...

It really depends on what is released for the itablet or a 4th gen iPod touch...

6. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

I would I had an 8gb 1st gen also and then upgraded to the 16gb 2nd gen this summer and I noticed a speed difference and I loved the extra features.