Have a 6, getting a 6+?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by andrewxie, Sep 25, 2014.

1. andrewxie macrumors member

This topic has been debated many times, some said plus is better, some said 6 is the good fit. Here is my crazy idea, why not get both?!
    I travel to HongKong and China twice a year for business, since my outright Verizon 6 is not fully compatible with China Mobile 4g, I am thinking that hey I would get a outright sprint and just not activate it while I am the US, just use it as a mini iPad mini, since I don't wanna have two cell numbers at all.
    I admit that 6 is easier to carry around.
    What do you guys think?

2. Stayfly2407 macrumors 6502

Stayfly2407

A no go for me. I got the 6 plus and will be swapping for a 6. In your case just get a iPad mini. Because the 6Plus doesn't have hardly any apps optimized for that screen yet other than a few Apple made apps. I think the plus will be one to consider in about a years time.

3. dcharleyultra macrumors 6502

I have a 6 (purchased full price at Apple Store) and am trying to exchange for a 6 Plus.

My rationale is that my 6 has the same footprint as my 5s does with it's LifeProof case, so its size is very familiar to me.

I've played around with the Plus some, and it seems to fit me fine.

So the fit, combined with the OIS and screen display, makes the exchange logical to me.

4. Taco1933 macrumors 6502

I wish I knew how to insert a gif.

The 6 plus isn't different enough where you'd want to carry it in addition to a 6. You'd be better off wih an actual iPad or iPad mini.

5. big samm macrumors 65816

Im also wondering if i could use both... Im using a 6 and also have a 6+ still sealed in its box im really tempted to open it up lol

6. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

I think a lot of people who have the 6+ and regretted it just never gave it enough time. Most people visit an Apple Store, pick up the phone and automatically say it's too big. Coming from the phones we are accustomed to with apple its a big change you gotta get used to. And once you do, you'll never want the 6 again. I think you'll end up sticking with the plus.

7. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

I agree. I was playing well my wifes iPhone 6 earlier today after using the 6 plus since I got it on the 19th, trying to convince myself it's the perfect size but I got spoiled by the plus and can't see myself getting the 6 I really dig the plus a lot. It feels like a whole notha level compared to the 5s whereas the 6 to me didn't feel that different. Either way, both are good phones. You just have to give it time before returning it.

8. andrewxie thread starter macrumors member

Thank you all for great comments! I now have a 5, 5s and a 6.
    My first clue when the plus came out was I gonna get the plus! Since the plus is out of stock here in WA for several days now, I picked up the 6 instead. It is a great phone indeed! However, switching from 5s, 6 size is pretty similar, the plus is the "change" for me.
    The reason I want to get both is that I have to have to phones regardless where i am , when I in the U.S, I have to turn on the phones that has the Chinese sim card as well.
    I was thinking that, since now would be a good time to trade in both my 5 and 5s for a decent amount of money, then I can get a plus later. One year from now, depends which one I keep, it would still worth more than either 5s or 5.

9. soulreaver99 macrumors 68020

soulreaver99

Save your money, sell the iPhone 5 or 5S or both. Doens't take that much effort to swap out the SIM. I'm on Tmobile and travel out of the country to Taiwan and Hong Kong from time to time and get free international data and text so I don't even have to swap out a sim.

10. andrewxie thread starter macrumors member

You in Tmobile bro?