Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 21, 2010
I have a Ip6 that I love. I am usually a sucker for any upgrade, but I can't see what Apple can do this time to make me get a new Iphone. A better processor and a slightly better camera is not enough of an enticement. Wonder what is on the drawing board that would make a difference?

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
I have a Ip6 that I love. I am usually a sucker for any upgrade, but I can't see what Apple can do this time to make me get a new Iphone. A better processor and a slightly better camera is not enough of an enticement. Wonder what is on the drawing board that would make a difference?

a better paint job. force touch?

then for 7 a new design.

both reasons people will upgrade.

TheLondonFella

Suspended
Oct 6, 2014
I love my 6.

Love it.

However, I wish I'd got Silver (I have Space Grey) so I will upgrade for that reason alone.

The only reason I didn't exchange my 6 for Silver is because I have a (drum roll!) perfect unit.

No dead pixels, no light bleed, no cosmetic defects, no dust under the screen or camera cover, great battery life ... so I stuck with it.

I have had issues with every other iPhone, so this was a new & great experience for me.

Any improved specs on the 6S will be bonus (I'm hoping for this "DSLR quality camera" that we've heard about).

I'll also be in the market for a new iPad, as I'm irritation by the animation lag on my (also perfect, otherwise) 4th Gen ...

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
I'm happy with the 6. I can't imagine anything that Apple could offer that would tempt me to upgrade so soon.

BMcCoy

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2010
Difficult to know.. the S phones have previously been the best phones.. with new features, and fixing all the issues with the non-S new form factor phone.

But you're right, if there's not a fantastic new feature, I'll stick my very good 5S.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Wait and see, I think its always difficult to discern what Apple may or may not do.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
I have a 6+. They can keep every single spec the same, the aesthetics and all, just give me more RAM. That would be a massive upgrade.

rockitdog

macrumors 68030
Mar 25, 2013
Wait and see, I think its always difficult to discern what Apple may or may not do.

Such common sense is foolishness on a social platform such as this! ;)

----------

I have a 16 GB iPhone 6. I'm not someone who can find much fault with my iPhone. The low RAM doesn't bother me. I can't see myself upgrading to the next gen iPhone.

kilcher

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2011
I bought the 6 Plus and wanted the larger screen more than anything. Now that I have that and I've gone to paying cash for my phones I don't really see anything tempting me to upgrade real soon. I will definitely wait for the 7 and possibly/probably even longer.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Difficult to know.. the S phones have previously been the best phones.. with new features, and fixing all the issues with the non-S new form factor phone.

But you're right, if there's not a fantastic new feature, I'll stick my very good 5S.

The issues are in the software. The non S and S models are same form factor.

KingZorb

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2011
I loved my 4 with a passion, I still upgraded to the 4S when it came out.
I loved my 5, I still upgraded to the 5S when it came out.
I love my 6, I will still upgrade to the 6S and I have no idea what cool features I will use as a justification for my upgrade.

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
I will be waiting till the 7. I have a great 6 and it by no means is outdated, so it would not make sense to upgrade.

Woodcrest64

macrumors 65816
Aug 14, 2006
I'm interested to see if they change the paint/ color options in some form to differentiate from last year's iPhone. They did it with the iPhone 5s.

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere

Short answer...Yep. Will upgrade and hoping for some more than minor upgrades (like force touch), but will always take the greater processing power.

----------

I love my 6, I will still upgrade to the 6S and I have no idea what cool features I will use as a justification for my upgrade.

No need to justify.....some peeps like having the latest an greatest.

shorestyle

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2014
I'll be upgrading to the 6s. I have T-Mobile JUMP and my 6 is almost paid off just got a couple payments left and it's eligible to be unlocked then sold when the 6s comes out.

Tork

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2006

Absolutely exact same story for me! :cool:

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 21, 2010
My original post

I now think that if they add the upgraded processor, more ram, a better camera AND wireless charging it would be a go. Wireless charging is very good. Had it on my LG G2 and my wife has it on her Galaxy S6.

clukas

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2010
Im currently on an iPhone 5, and will be upgrading in September. Personally I would love for apple to break the S cycle and go straight to the 7, but am sure that whatever they do, it will be great.

tobeornottobe

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2013
I hate my iphone 5 now, camera doesn't work, laggy, lack of storage, no touch id, blah blah blah.....please let me upgrade to iphone 7 in September.

BTW, in my opinion Apple may or may not release the iphone 7 this year, depending on how well or poorly Samsung is doing with their S6 and S6 edge.

LittleLuth

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2014
I had a 4, upgraded to a 4S. The only upgrade cycle I skipped was the 4S to the 5 because (long story short) my wife fried her 5 and I had to use my upgrade to get her a new phone (prior to EDGE/JUMP, etc.)... Then I got a 5S, then the way the timing worked out I didn't even wait a year before getting the 6+. I'm pretty sure I will get the 6S+ or whatever they call it. I will never be able to go back to a small screen. Point of sharing the previous bit is that obviously at this point there is very little if anything we "need" in a new phone, but if we're on here then we are either haters or lovers of :apple: - me, I'm a lover so if I'm honest it won't take much for me. Getting that caveat out of the way, I'd love to see:

1- a DSLR level quality camera
2- ForceTouch
3- Sapphire Glass or some new, tougher version of Gorilla Glass
4- Waterproof (this doesn't seem to come up much, but I'd really like to have it so I don't have to buy a Lifeproof case to take my phone to the beach and out fishing)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.