Have a Blackbook (May 2008), getting new MBP (13 or 15 inch)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CP123, Jul 22, 2009.

1. CP123 macrumors regular

Hey, I have a Blackbook, a little over a year, but am getting ready to purchase a new MBP. Trying to decide between the 13 inch and 15 inch. There's nothing wrong with the Blackbook, I am keeping it. However, I need a separate laptop for my business. The Blackbook will travel with me, and the other laptop for the most part will stay home. However, when on a business trip, I will take the MBP.

The Blackbook will be used for everything (personal, work, etc.), and the MBP will be used for business purposes (contracts, etc.).

2 quick questions:

1. Can I use the same MobileMe account for both laptops.
    2. I am leaning towards the 15 inch. Is portability a big difference than in the 13 inch, or will I not notice the difference?

Thanks.

2. ArchXyrho888 macrumors newbie

ArchXyrho888

i had the old 13" white macbook, now i am using 15" UMBP and i love it~~

3. oregon2 macrumors regular

I say get the 13" if you don't need/want the graphics card. I just like the look and feel of a small, yet fully functional laptop.

4. zedsdead macrumors 68040

I say go for the 15", the extra screen real estate is worth it. You already have a 13, so why not?

Mobile Me will work on both machines...that's the point...to keep everything in snyc.:D

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'd say check both out at your local apple store but from my experiences the larger screen is definitely a plus and getting the dual GPU will certainly give you some flexibility. With that said, I find myself using the integrated GPU 90% of the time, even on GPU intensive apps like aperture.