Have a Mac and a PC

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BBQ BOY, Apr 3, 2010.

1. BBQ BOY macrumors regular

I have a Mac for personal use and a PC. Can the Mac and PC coexist with my iPhone as far as emails and calendars and so on? In other words if I receive and email both on my Mac and PC,which I do not have set up for emails yet, can I reply on either without confusion?

2. twilightrose macrumors member

Sending an email isn't platform specific. Idk if I'm misunderstanding the question but I think your asking if you can be signed into both your mac and pc at the same time, which generally yes you can and they should update each other, or if not you can just refresh to see read/replied etc

3. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

emails should be fine, incoming emails should be recieved by ALL accounts (with correct settings of email provider), and outgoing should be sent from the computer/device that you are using.

as for the contacts, if you sync them then generally you can only use one computer - if you manually copy them then you can go from computer to computer to copy them across.

4. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

In addition, your email should be set up through IMAP (not POP3), because POP3 will automatically download the emails from the server to your computer and then take them off the server, preventing you from accessing it with your other computers. IMAP doesn't do this by default. If POP3 is your only option, you need to go into the settings and tell it to leave emails on the server.

5. Horseapple macrumors newbie

Gmail

If you make Gmail, Google Calendar, and Google Contacts your central point for synchronization across platforms you can keep them all in line together.