Have a new MBP some quick questions..

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Kimbie, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Kimbie macrumors regular

Kimbie

Well I have my shiny 15" MBP now, new to OSX so some questions.

1. I have seen people with clear docks, and I was wondering how that can be done? As the cleardock app only works with 10.4 and lower, what is there on SL that can do the same thing?

2. How can I tell which of the gfx cards is in use? and if I want to game how do I make sure that the 9600 is used?

3. What MSN compatible message clients work with the built in webcam?

Thats all for now, and yes I will add setup pics etc to the right thread later

Kimbie

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If you purchased the dual GPU model, then all you have to do in OSX is to go to the system preferences select better performance and that will give you the 9600m (after logging out and back in).

In windows you'll always use the 9600, that is, there's no way to switch to the lower powered 9400m.

As for the dock, try googling something called cleardock. I've not used it personally but you can read up on it. You can also try searching here to see what other's think. Personally customizing your setup with haxies like this can cause your system to be unstable, so do your homework and read up on it before applying it.

edit:
    There's also something called docker as well