iPad Pro Have an AT&T iPad Pro 12" quick request

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Slevin, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Slevin macrumors regular

I was wondering if anyone here had an iPad Pro 12" on the AT&T network and could check what their carrier settings version is. Located under settings>general>about.
    Reason is last week the carrier settings for my iPhone on AT&T was updated to 24.1 while my iPad remains at 24.0 and since my iPhone carrier settings have been updated SMS forwarding for non iPhones/Apple devices have failed. I no longer receive SMS from android toting individuals. I still receive SMS forward messages on my MacBook so that's not an issue

Steps I've tried to remedy this issue so far:
    Turn off/on iMessage all devices
    Turn off/on forwarding all devices
    Deregistered via the apple website iMessage and then re registered on all devices
    Complete restore of iPad with fresh install of 9.3.

So far no solution. Last thing I can think of is the difference in the carrier settings is what's causing the problem with SMS forwarding but I'm not sure since I don't have another iPad to check that the difference between the two is the issue. Can anyone else think of why this might be occurring?

2. jmeas macrumors regular

jmeas

24.0 for me on my 12.9" AT&T iPad Pro. I don't message many Android users so I can't test the message forwarding.

3. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68040

Lobwedgephil

24.0 for me as well, but no issues like yours. Mine still working.

4. Slevin thread starter macrumors regular

Guess I'll be making a trip to the Genius Bar

5. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68040

Lobwedgephil

6. Slevin thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for reminding me but I just tested it and still not working. Ugh

7. dsampley macrumors regular

dsampley

24.0 for me on my 12.9 iPad Pro on AT&T. Not having any problems with receiving SMS from android phones on my iPad.

8. Slevin thread starter macrumors regular

So after spending an hour at the Apple Store finally reset all user settings and that got things working. Not sure why it stopped working in the first place but it's finally fixed.