Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

akal575

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
So I need some help. I have this awesome idea for the iPad and I feel this app has the possibility to be one of the hottest apps for the iPad if developed properly, only problem is, I have no coding experience what so ever.

I went to Barnes and Noble and picked up like 5 books on coding and after reading through almost half of 1 I am fairly convinced that coding is just not in the realm of something I will be able to do.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could get my app idea to a developer, or if anyone knows someone, a friend or family member who codes for iphone/ipad.

Thanks

akal575

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
People are mean, yeah I did google it and I got craptastic results.

So I thought maybe someone on here may have had some experience or possibly might have been in a similar situation that I am currently in right now and could offer some advice, Jesus some people are so smitten.

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
Try using MRoogle which will search this site for answers before you start a thread on it. A quick search pulled up these results:

Ooh look at me

Edit: Oh and i'm not "so smitten" at all - I actually did a Google search for you and posted it and i've just done another search for you. Don't mistake your laziness for my preciousness ;)

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
If you're not able to code it yourself, you'll need to hire a development shop to do it for you. (Make sure you read this sticky: Looking for a developer / Requests for developers) And then be prepared to probably spend tens of thousands of dollars for anything but the most simple of apps on getting it done. Unless of course you hire some cheap, off-shore company, whose workers often come onto this very forum asking for help. And then you'll probably get what you paid for. :)

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Unless you have a few grand to invest up front on this "great idea" then keep hitting the books.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.