Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pigmonster

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2012
DONT TRUST MyUS.com

They eat your goods, after claiming they dont have time enough to check each incoming goods whether its came stolen or not.

I lost 800 USD goods, they said goods was stolen when its came to their warehouse and they dont have enough manpower to check one by one of their incoming goods to their warehouse, so they just sign in bulk of their receiving goods from USPS.

When their customer service manager not responding, i tried to complaint to their supervisor or even CEO, but I never got any reply either.

So I just simply lost my USD 800 and cannot complaint to Sender or USPS just because MyUS.com signed they received they goods in bulk without checking them in advance.
And I never know whether its true or its missing after they received.

Ireland Mike

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2012
Mike

DO NOT USE BONGOUS.
I lost around 500 euros on them. They lost my wedding lanterns for marquee. Could not find them. I was charged for everything. Eventually found them 3 moths later and sent them to late for my wedding. They charged a fortune for postage and import duty and continued to charge my visa account without consent. I had to close my visa account to stop unauthorized withdrawals. Tried to take them to court and sue, but not possible as based in Ireland and they in USA. Cost me over 500 euro and many many hours on the computer and phone.
PLEASE DO NOT USE THEM THEY ARE NOT NICE.

MarionLeighton

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2013
I use a company called parcelbound International, or parcelbound.com
Many items simply aren't worth it with the duties and taxes added, ElNino has a point. On ocassion though, electronics and toys can be found much cheaper in the states. And of course sometimes there's the must-have clothing item, handbag or pair of shoes. Bongo is perfect for getting those goods over express. cheers

taniat2000

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2013
Avoid Bongous - they overcharge for shipping

I bought two pairs of shoes through BongoUS and have been overcharged (almost double-charged) for shipping.

I queried the shipping quote before by shipment was sent because it seemed a little high ($160 for two pairs of shoes from the US to Australia). They told me the box was 15x11x11 inches and this is what they used to calculate their shipping fee.

When the box arrived it was half the size: 13x11x9 inches, which should have cost about $90 (based on their own shipping calculator).

I have complained and the keep promising me that management will get back to me 'tomorrow'. I've been trying to get a response for 2 months.

I guess that's how they make their money - by double-charing for shipping and then refusing to deal with complaints. I don't usually bother with reviews - good or bad - but since they refuse to engage with me to solve the problem, I feel as though I have no choice but to warn others. Very very frustrating.

vonski1980

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2013
shipping international

A company called A2 Global Shipping consolidates shipment in their warehouse in the US and sends it internationally. If you don't have a credit card to make the purchase in Amazon, ebay, etc., you can open an A2 Global Shipping Visa card by depositing funds to it via your local bank

http://www.a2globalshipping.com/air-rates

augustya

Suspended
Feb 17, 2012
is viaddress.com to be trusted on as a reliable Parcel Forwarding Company. I am planning to get a Parcel shipped via them from the U.S They seem to have the most cheaper rates compared to others. But does the Package shipped via them reach in your hand or it is some scam and it just dissappears. Any one with personal experience please share it.

Thanks in Advance !

Last edited:

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
is viaddress.com to be trusted on as a reliable Parcel Forwarding Company. I am planning to get a Parcel shipped via them from the U.S They seem to have the most cheaper rates compared to others. But does the Package shipped via them reach in your hand or it is some scam and it just dissappears. Any one with personal experience please share it.

Thanks in Advance !

a basic google search shows that viaddress.com has a very poor record. For example:

http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.viaddress.com

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
But there are negative feedback for almost all the shipping companies so does it mean none of them are doing good business ! Sounds unbelievable.

perhaps people have unrealistic expectations..but viaddress supposedly was paying people to post positive reviews - in one forum there were something like 8 "reviews" posted by first time posters, all within the same 15 minutes and all with not very good English.

viaddress has an F rating from the BBB, which is pretty hard to do, considering how lenient the BBB has become.

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
I am not a U.S Citizen what does this mean ?

BBB = Better Business Bureau..they rate businesses and attempt to meditate complaints. They have ratings from A to F, with A being high and F being low. A business with an A rating responds to customer complaints and resolves the issues. An F pretty much does nothing.

augustya

Suspended
Feb 17, 2012
Why don't you just get your US Ebay package posted direct to you by the vendor using USPS ? Then you will reasonably sure to get it.

I won the Auction yesterday. The seller has clearly mentioned he will not ship out of the U.S knowing that I got into this :)

The reason I wanted the item desperately :)

ANN2013

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2013
Thieves

The first 3-4 times Bongo US was okay. They sent warnings when the 60 day limit was up. Once when they sent the warning they even said it is for some of the others who do not ship it out regularly.
and then one time I forgot that the sixty day limit was up and they quietly "purged" the items - some nice clothes and toys that I'd ordered. It's only when I decided to ship out the items to me that they informed me that they were purged owing to space constraints. Purging indeed. That is stealing my valuable stuff and distributing among their own employees without a warning or a whisper. I have lost so much of money - will never never use them

Last edited:

augustya

Suspended
Feb 17, 2012
The first 3-4 times they were okay. They sent warnings when the 60 day limit was up. Once when they sent the warning they even said it is for some of the others who do not ship it out regularly.
and then one time I forgot that the sixty day limit was up and they quietly "purged" the items - some nice clothes and toys that I'd ordered. It's only when I decided to ship out the items to me that they informed me that they were purged owing to space constraints. Purging indeed. That is stealing my valuable stuff and distributing among their own employees without a warning or a whisper. I have lost so much of money - will never never use them

Who are you refering to ?

----------

perhaps people have unrealistic expectations..but viaddress supposedly was paying people to post positive reviews - in one forum there were something like 8 "reviews" posted by first time posters, all within the same 15 minutes and all with not very good English.

viaddress has an F rating from the BBB, which is pretty hard to do, considering how lenient the BBB has become.

The BBB website now shows Viaddress with a "D" Rating

http://www.bbb.org/northernindiana/...ing-services/viaddress-in-elkhart-in-90055684

ANN2013

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2013
Bongo US

Am referring to Bongo US
The first 3-4 times Bongo US was okay. They sent warnings when the 60 day limit was up. Once when they sent the warning they even said it is for some of the others who do not ship it out regularly.

augustya

Suspended
Feb 17, 2012
This may be too late, by the time I came across the negative feedback about VIADDRESS.COM I had already ordered something and have my vendor sent my item to VIADDRESS. Now I am worried what if my package is lost. Or if they never send it to me? what can I do being outside the U.S It is a $400 item I am so worried, so far they have been responding to all my questions, the item is with them they are saying they will ship it out early next week, but I am getting so worried, what if they don't. Maybe I am getting a little too paranoid about all this, but frankly when can I start pressing the panic button and what steps should I take ? Will they actually give me what belongs to me ! I have all the emails from them saying they have received my parcel and the shipment payment that I have done to them. But I just want my parcel, I neither have the time nor the inclination to get into fight with them, that too being so away outside the U.S no way. Who knows maybe I am getting too edgy about all this, a little too paranoid but I am so worried !! It is a lot of money for me :-( As of now, still, there are no signs or indications that things will go wrong for me but just reading all the negative reviews about VIADDRESS is making me all worked up :-(

Last edited:

Matthew098

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2013
Cambridge,MA
Never use these two forwarders, but had ever tried shipito and officeship. Both companies had good service, but shipito was more expensive than the other.

I suggest you to search more information about such international shipping forwardes, because each one has its different features, which may help you choose the most suitable one.

lovebob

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2013
I would recommend usgobuy.com this is a gooood company , low shipping fee and fast customer service reply . what is more, no sales tax:)

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
I would recommend usgobuy.com this is a gooood company , low shipping fee and fast customer service reply . what is more, no sales tax:)

I wouldn't even consider usgobuy.com... scamadviser rates it very low and based in China. Their website doesn't look very trustworthy.

The poster recommending the site is a newbie with only two posts, both to recommend a dubious site.

rchamb

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2013
I've had good luck with Stackry

I've had Stackry ship a few macs and other things to me in Oxford and the Stackry team was great..

They were very responsive to all my questions.

I chose them since I could consolidate things without membership fees or other package acceptance fees.

definitely give them a try..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.