Have extra reservation for Nov 3. Sell on EBAY?

Steviejobz

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
SoCal
My first order on Apple.com resulted in one of those reservation notices where they held my spot and would email me when carrier systems were available. So I went to ATT.com and got one for Nov 3

Just got my reservation email and I can buy a phone full price (cant use next upgrade since my ATT order using it) for delivery on Nov 3. Is it worth doing and trying to resell for small profit?

Can I even do this?

jamminj606

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2009
Why not make some $$?
Youll make a buyer happy they're getting it on time and you'll put some extra $ in your pocket. Win win.
If you can't make a profit you can always just return it. You could probably even sell it in front of the Apple store if you're that hard core haha.

Chris916

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2016
I thought it was connected to the account of your phone number? my reservation is when I click on it. I was thinking about doing the same thing since I got 2 through ATT, but when I went through the steps it needed phone number and account info to proceed.

acorntoy

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2010
I’d sell the spot. You were up you got it, it’s your to do what you want with it.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
My first order on Apple.com resulted in one of those reservation notices where they held my spot and would email me when carrier systems were available. So I went to ATT.com and got one for Nov 3

Just got my reservation email and I can buy a phone full price (cant use next upgrade since my ATT order using it) for delivery on Nov 3. Is it worth doing and trying to resell for small profit?

Can I even do this?
Sidenote: Selling on eBay is a major risk, especially given this new iPhone. And if there's one item that's potential for fraud, it's going to be an iPhone more specifically. Just my opinion.

Reactions: LarryJoe33

meldea

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2014
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I thought it was connected to the account of your phone number? my reservation is when I click on it. I was thinking about doing the same thing since I got 2 through ATT, but when I went through the steps it needed phone number and account info to proceed.
Yep, if OP actually tries to proceed, she will get a carrier error because of a pending change on that line.

rantor49

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2012
If one doesn’t actually arrive on the 3rd you’d have to honor the eBay auction and may not be able to keep one for yourself. Or you’d have to refund the buyer i guess.

Steviejobz

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
SoCal
Yep, if OP actually tries to proceed, she will get a carrier error because of a pending change on that line.
For this reservation phone I would not use the next upgrade since that’s taken. I’d just buy it at full price. Doesn’t really matter since In such case there’s no contract.

Chris916

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2016
So i sold mine. It ensed up working. Only got fifty for it though and like 50 questions

db67fm

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I had the same thing happen to me when ordering a Verizon iPhone x. I got a reservation from Apple and bought one on the Verizon app. Both have a 11/3 delivery date.

I ended up buying the second iPhone X through Apple with the hopes of selling it to a friend.

I’m just not sure how this will work because both the Verizon and Apple order say it will be assigned to my one Verizon number.

Chris916

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2016
I had the same thing happen to me when ordering a Verizon iPhone x. I got a reservation from Apple and bought one on the Verizon app. Both have a 11/3 delivery date.

I ended up buying the second iPhone X through Apple with the hopes of selling it to a friend.

I’m just not sure how this will work because both the Verizon and Apple order say it will be assigned to my one Verizon number.
You put in your number to get in and then on the next page we put in their number/info for the phone. It went on their plan not mine at least for ATT. Its past noon, so all the reservations are closed now i think.