Have I been hacked???

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by cjr611, Sep 27, 2012.

1. cjr611 macrumors newbie

I have been noticing an unwanted guest whenever I open a folder. When I click on it is says memory card and lists the user as as a PC with code hp984be1593be5. I tried turning all settings off. Everything offered on what I could find on these forums but it keeps showing up. Any advice? I have attached the screen grab.

Attached Files:

2. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

3. cjr611 thread starter macrumors newbie

That is what I thought but when I turned it off it's still there. Any way I can be sure?

4. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Then looks to me like another computer on your network. Is yours your only computer on the network? if so, then change the security to WPA2 on your network and change password.

5. cjr611 thread starter macrumors newbie

No other computers connected to my network. How can this be? How do I change WPA2? Sorry I am not a techy. That is why I am here. You guys know so much.

6. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Off topic for here, sounds like you should use Google or get out the owners manual for your router.

7. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Oh man I've used google to find instructions for dozens of routers and how to configure them for friends and family. So easy to a find a step by step guide. Even easier if you just google the router's manual.

8. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

If there is no security on your router then someone is using your internet. If you are renting the equipment from your internet provider just give them a call so they can help you set up your router w/ security appropriately if not use google or ask mods here to move the topic to somewhere someone can help you since this has nothing to do w/ iOS which is the mobile operating system of Apple and the subforum you posted in.