Have i completely messed up my iPhone for good?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by apple-steve, Jun 7, 2011.

1. apple-steve macrumors newbie

Hi i will try and keep this short but here it goes

I first jailbreak my device running 4.2.1 a couple of months ago but when i tried to update it to 4.3 it all started to go wrong. The update process got stuck in a loop and naturally i started to panic and thought my iPhone was gone!

But i found a program called RecBoot and somehow managed to kick it back to normal and was running 4.3 non jailbreak, Great! well i thought ...

so when 4.3.1 came around i updated, and yes, it done the same thing again, but RecBoot wasent the saviour this time. TinyUmbrella done it this time.

So now im kind of scared to ever update/restore my iPhone ever again. Is there anyway to make my iPhone go back to normal or is it stuck like this forever? i done a quick search on google and some suggestions were about shsh and baseband, which i dont really understand.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

2. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

What iPhone are you using?

Does your iphone have ipad baseband?

You can't expect people to help you if you don't give us any information.

3. apple-steve, Jun 7, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2011

apple-steve thread starter macrumors newbie

I am using an iPhone 4

How would i no if my phone is using an Ipad baseband?

Thanks

4. apple-steve thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok so i just looked at the "About" screen and it says the Modern Firmware is: 04.10.01

Is that helpful?

5. iLoyal macrumors regular

For future references, stick with redsnow/pwnagetool for jailbreaking. The website I provided below should solve your issue/questions and it also contain the information/updates you'll need.

http://www.iclarified.com/

6. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

You're using an iPhone 4 so the iPad baseband hack doesn't apply to you.

Try putting the phone in DFU mode and restoring with iTunes.

7. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Are you making sure your host file is directed to apple whenever you update? If you don't know what that means, google it.

I have to echo gngan's sentiment that you weren't very helpful when it came to posting information about your phone. You need to post your model, ios, bb, itunes version, computer os, which software you used, etc.