Have I forgotten how to type?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Luis Ortega, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Luis Ortega macrumors 6502a

Ever since my new Mac Pro arrived with its new style keyboard, I can't seem to make it through a sentence without discovering that some of the words have run together as if the space bar doesn't respond correctly.
    Are others finding the new keyboard harder to type on? It's pretty and has nice usb ports on the sides, but it's a pain in the ass to type with.
    I had a great keyboard on my PC with color-coded keys marked for video editing shortcuts in Avid but it was a PS2 connection and had no usb ports.
    Does anyone sell nice video editing keyboards with shortcut keys for Final Cut Pro that work well on Macs and also have usb ports for adding the mouse?
    Thanks for any advice.

PS: (I had to correct about 12 run-together words on just this short message.)

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Yes, any USB keyboard would work. There are several USB keyboards with shortcuts on them or you can easily purchase stickers or replacement keys for standard USB keyboards.

TEG

3. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

Maybe this is the beginning signs of Parkinson's or multiple sclerosis.

4. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

That is not a very tasteful "joke"…

5. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

I never added any joke emphasis to it. Perhaps the OP should get checked out.
    :rolleyes:

6. Luis Ortega thread starter macrumors 6502a

Funny, but why does my typing handicap magically disappear when I use my son's traditional keyboard? Or the traditional keyboards at my place of work?
    Is this what's called a fanboy response to any question about the supremacy of an Apple designed product???

7. karenflower macrumors 6502a

karenflower

You could still try to use your old keyboard if you want to, PS/2 to USB converters are available and quite cheap.

8. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

How is this a fanboy response for suggesting to get checked out? Perhaps there's a problem that just isn't identifiable in all situations?

9. Luis Ortega thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, but it lacks the usb ports and I need that for the mouse now since all my back usb ports are filled.
    I think that I will look around for a good keyboard with editing shortcuts on the keys for FCP and usb ports that are fully compatible with Macs.
    I don't think that the thin new Apple keyboard is very good.

10. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Some love it, some hate it. There are lots of threads about it. The majority of respondents seem to be in the love it camp. Perhaps all the 'haters' should have a single thread rather than feeling victimised in their own.

Personally, I'm a fan of it but then I'm not constantly retyping sentences. In fact, I'm tempted to take it to work instead of the POS IBM traditional one that I have there.

11. Antimatter macrumors regular

I like it because it looks awesome, but I can probably type faster on a regular keyboard.