have i got a good screen at last?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kingdummkopf, Jul 31, 2012.

1. kingdummkopf macrumors member

got some comparisons of the other ipad we own, and then my new replacement.

http://s1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj499/kingdummkopf/NEW IPAD 3/

on the shots of two ipads together, mine is always the one on the right. with the individual shots, it goes (from the order of the previews) other ipad, mine, other, mine, other etc.

WHAT DO WE THINK? i wouldn't be so picky had apple not said my first one was defective and then replaced it with one were the wifi didn't work. i've got this one now as the third replacement. i wish i had kept my first one to be honest. OH WELL.

2. seajewel macrumors 6502

from pictures, your iPad looks like it's pink-tinted to me (hence purple-ish background on some screens such as the Settings screen. but if you like it..

3. kingdummkopf thread starter macrumors member

yeah i thought that, but was hoping it wasn't the case. aww man. i dunno what to do, either just keep it or get it replaced. but i feel stupid going to apple for a THIRD time, to say my screen has a pink tinge. especially when the first one turned yellow after using it for long periods, the second one the wifi didn't work, and now this one seems a bit pink.

4. Coldsnow macrumors regular

I think you should get it replaced, after all, you are paying a lot of money for something you are going to have for a while. You might as well be happy with it. :)

5. kingdummkopf thread starter macrumors member

yeah, but i fear my nearest store will just say "this one is fine" and since it's my second replacement, they might object to swapping it. i wish i could just get one that's right. bit angry as well that they took my new one off me and the two refurbished models haven't been great.

6. bri1212 macrumors 6502

Why not try it out, Watch a video, surf the web, Does it still seem too pink,
    OR do you even notice it when your using it?
    If it bothers you return it and get them to replace, they won't care if you are being reasonable.

7. Coldsnow macrumors regular

I think you should get it replaced, after all, you are paying a lot of money for something you are going to have for a while. You might as well be happy with it. :)

8. DKatri macrumors 6502

Whatever you end up doing, make sure you start another thread to tell everyone :rolleyes:

9. shortcrust macrumors 6502

If you need to ask, then I would say you've got a good screen. Coming on here and asking people to find problems for you is crazy.

10. kingdummkopf thread starter macrumors member

it was more to confirm my thoughts on it. i see a difference with the other ipad, especially on whites - which will be used a lot due to web surfing and document writing etc - and the settings screen looks a lot more grey compared to the other one.

ehh, sorry. the others get forgotten about so i made a new one instead of bumping the previous ones.

11. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

if we are lucky we can get a thread for every exchange

12. kingdummkopf thread starter macrumors member

sorry about making another thread.

am just getting annoyed that my replacements are coming off worse than my first one. that started off absolutely perfect, but then it started to turn yellow. the second one the wifi just didn't work. this is better than my first one as it is consistantly the same color, but i did notice a hint of pink, then after reading around on here, i saw that people with pink tinges took theirs back and got replacements. but at the same time i don't want to return it in case i get a worse one. its just annoying that you pay so much for something, and it's not right.

just getting a bit annoyed about it, considering how much i was looking forward to getting an ipad and being a bit letdown with it's problems. i won't make any more threads about exchanges/screen issues. sorry.

13. DKatri macrumors 6502

To be honest, the differences that you see in those photos are only really noticeable side by side with another screen. In regular use will you really notice it? Most screens (in all devices) have a very slight colour temp bias. Its just that for the most part it isn't noticeable. If you take it back and the genius can see it they take a look then it could be a bad screen but if it can only be noticed when comparing lots of side by side pictures then I don't think it'll warrant a replacement.

14. kingdummkopf thread starter macrumors member

well when i first turned it on and went on safari, i thought it looked a bit pink but figured it was just my reflection making it seem that way. then it started to bother me and i compared it with the other ipad and saw a difference. now it bugs me each time i use it because it doesn't appear to be pure white, more of a light dingy grey. not sure what to do. i feel stupid going to the apple store again in case its not an issue and am being picky. but at the same time i spent a lot on an expensive piece of a equipment, and don't feel terribly happy with the screen.

15. The Special One macrumors member

It's a pinky. Don't worry plenty of them are. Odds of getting another are good if you return. If the screen is even, I would probably keep it.