Have i got a good screen?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by otispunkmeyer, Sep 8, 2007.

1. otispunkmeyer macrumors 6502

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

done that test someone posted in a thread on here, seems ok to me, though my brother reckons he can see yellow easily

looks ok to me, little dimmer on the bottom rather than yellow i think.

dunno whats with the blotchyness on the grey image, its not something i can see with my eyes, but for some reason my camera picks it up easily.

this is a week 23 unit with LG glossy screen

2. cobravap macrumors regular

No i believe that your screen is fine. the LG units didnt have the problem like the samsung ones did. plus if it looks fine to you, isn't that all that matters

3. cavemonkey50 macrumors 6502

If you had the yellowing, the test patterns would show it clear as day. I'd say you have a good screen.

4. otispunkmeyer thread starter macrumors 6502

jus wanted another opinion, defo dimmer on the bottom, but really unless i set those images up, you cant even tell. so glad i ended up with an LG screen. i bought this the minute it hit the stores, so to get one pretty much bereft of faults is great.

lid is a little uneven in shutting, but a crumpler "the slip" basically saw to that by levelling it out

squeaky space bar has actually fixed itself

as for heat, well it idles at anywhere between 42 and 48, i think this is pretty decent, though being a long time desktop pc user i am used to around 30deg. but i have a good grasp of thermodynamics and advanced heat transfer, so i understand why these things can get quite warm lol

5. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

Looks fine. Keep in mind no screen is perfectly evenly colored or backlit, but you can tell what they aren't supposed to look like. I guess there's just a wave of paranoia going around with this whole "yellowing" thing.