Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hustle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 29, 2007
USA
I used ZiPhone 3.0 on my 1.1.4 (1.1.2 OTB but updated).
The first time I used the jailbreak, unlock and activate, when I inserted any sim card, I was getting an error message. I can't remember what the message was but it told me to go to apple.com/support.

I then went to ZiPhone again and clicked erase 3.6 bootloader. It did this then restarted but still wouldn't accept any sim card so I restored in iTunes and now it's getting to the Restoring iPhone Firmware and not doing anything. It's just been stuck on that for 15 minutes now.

Any help appreciated.

iMpathetic

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2007
IMBY
I'd wait for a few more minutes. It often takes a while to restore firmware on iPod touches and iPhones.

Hustle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 29, 2007
USA
Ok. iTunes would not restore it so I just clicked Unlock, Activate and Jailbrake in ZiPhone and now the phone is working, however still not accepting any sim cards. Even the original o2 simcard that came with the phone.

Hustle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 29, 2007
USA
It's been trying to restore for a long time now. I'm not sure what to do.

Hustle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 29, 2007
USA
Looks like I messed the basbeands up.

I'm getting Invalid calibration data in device tree.

Is this reparable or have I just screwed a £270 iPhone?.

Hudzilla

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2007
England
Ooooh. Doesn't sound good dude, the BB is probably the most important thing in the phone. Dunno though someone on here might be able to suggest something. Good luck!

Hustle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 29, 2007
USA
Before I try that article, I'm going to try PWNAGE and see if flashing the bootloader and baseband works. I'll let you all know if it does.

Hustle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 29, 2007
USA
PWNAGE does not work.
Just stuck the stupid thing on eBay. Ugh!.

Cudadown

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2007
iPhone sure works better the way its meant to be used. Is all that really worth it?

spinstorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
if your going to use ziphone at least only click on the do it all- I see no reason why you would even want to manually erase anything.

It does prove the point that ziphone is dangerous and should not be used EVER!

You may still be able to fix it if you use the hackintosh thread mentioned before.

If you selling it on ebay though and you have messed it up then you better mention that as of would be dishonest not to and u can guarantee you will get the phone sent back.

Hustle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 29, 2007
USA
if your going to use ziphone at least only click on the do it all- I see no reason why you would even want to manually erase anything.

It does prove the point that ziphone is dangerous and should not be used EVER!

You may still be able to fix it if you use the hackintosh thread mentioned before.

If you selling it on ebay though and you have messed it up then you better mention that as of would be dishonest not to and u can guarantee you will get the phone sent back.

It's all packed up now and going to be shipped to the first person that puts a decent offer in.

Yes, I mentioned that due to a problem when trying to unlock the phone (Bootloader fault), the phone is not accepting any sim cards, wifi or bluetooth. The phone will also not play any sound. This could possibly be fixed however I do not have the knowledge or time and therefore am selling the phone.

spinstorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
You have to be relistic here - who would buy a phone that may be broken?

If you started off at the new price of £169 working - how much is a not working phone worth? Maybe you can get £20 if your lucky but I think that you won't even get that.

If I was you I would read the hackintosh thread and fix it yourself and sell it for more. You make money by fixing it and if you can't you won't lose any.

DON'T USE ZIPHONE TO ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE CONSIDERING IT! as next time you may have a broken phone - and iLiberty isn't hard to use either!

Hustle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 29, 2007
USA
Tried the article and it did not work.
Just sold the phone for £150.

nickspohn

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2007
Why would you do something that you didn't know how it works or what it will do to your iPhone?

fendushi

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2007
Next time, if your phone is already unlocked, just choose "jailbreak" and "activate" when restoring. Don't tick all the boxes especially if it BB or BL related.

spinstorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
So someone paid £150 for a phone that doesn't work! Does that make any sense to anyone?

I would think that either its a scam or the person didn't read what you wrote and will be returning it to you shortly.

£20 more will get you a new working phone so thats just strange!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.