Have I lost my ability to edit a site via iweb?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BinfordsTool, Oct 3, 2009.

1. BinfordsTool macrumors member

Ok, pardon me for the complicated set up.

Long story short, my MBP's hard drive just died. Disk Repair, DiskWarrior, and Disk Utility all agree my apple partition is screwed and unmountable.

I've been able to get it temporarily so that i can boot via an external drive. This is not my issue, my issue is that I have been working on a website for a company. It's been published and everything. My problem is that now that I lost the original files, am I going to be unable to edit it via iweb?

I have 5 days or so until my disk makes it to me (yeah, I'm overseas in an area without an apple store or service center to take my mac to), so I guess I'll find out for myself then, but any help now would be greatly appreciated.

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

iWeb has no form of an important function. Having a backup of the domain file is the only way to get it into iWeb. You could attempt to modify the exported files that exist on the site, but if you're using iWeb you likely don't have the skills to get very far that way as even experienced web designers would find it tedious to work with iWeb's exported code. Just use this occasion to see why backups are very important.

3. mplonsky macrumors newbie

shouldn't be that way.

I thought I was safe with my site on my iDisk.
    It's extremely un-Apple-like to have the one document "DOMAIN" that really needs to be backed up, so far hidden in the system. Come on.
    Yes back-up is important, but it needs to be OBVIOUS what we should back up. Very upsetting.

4. mplonsky macrumors newbie

Did you figure out a way?