Have I messed up my order (UK)

Markjkc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2013
Brighton, UK
So I was lucky enough to bag two iPhone X's for launch day - One for me, one for GF.

I was under the impression (pretty sure told by an employee a few weeks ago) that when pre-ordering the X for in-store pick up I wouldn't be charged until the day and could decide then to do iUP if I wanted.

I've just been charged, however.

What can I do, Just wait and sort it out on Friday or have I made a mess of it and will now lose the allocations.

Also, I was only been charged for one as I hadn't moved money into my 'Bills' account - so payment was delined on the other one. Not sure if that also messes things up further?

Thanks for any advice!

Stuart1714

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2015
I tried using Apple Pay through the app on Friday and it looked okay, but the payment was declined by a fraud check by M&S bank.

The order was still on my account with a declined payment. I went into my Apple account on the internet and it allowed me to change my payment card or resubmit the original one. I sorted out the fraud check and resubmitted it and it went through.

Log into the Apple account used for the declined payment and check the status of the order with the declined payment and see if you can resubmit it if you now have funds available.

maka344

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2009
London, UK
I did the same. Ordered two, one for the both of us.

I am on the iUP for my 7plus and the other one will go on iUP.

They allow you to refund and repurchase on the iUP. I did this last year with the jet black and they told people to do this when they had Barclays issues. As long as it’s done within two hours, it doesn’t go back to returned stock. An Apple employee told me that people change their payment methods all the time and it’s fine.

Markjkc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2013
Brighton, UK
I tried using Apple Pay through the app on Friday and it looked okay, but the payment was declined by a fraud check by M&S bank.

The order was still on my account with a declined payment. I went into my Apple account on the internet and it allowed me to change my payment card or resubmit the original one. I sorted out the fraud check and resubmitted it and it went through.

Log into the Apple account used for the declined payment and check the status of the order with the declined payment and see if you can resubmit it if you now have funds available.
Well, ideally I don't want to pay full whack for it. Want to get it on the upgrade programme.

I have my time slot booked for pick up, I wonder if I just turn up will it actually be there for me?
[doublepost=1509311706][/doublepost]
I did the same. Ordered two, one for the both of us.

I am on the iUP for my 7plus and the other one will go on iUP.

They allow you to refund and repurchase on the iUP. I did this last year with the jet black and they told people to do this when they had Barclays issues. As long as it’s done within two hours, it doesn’t go back to returned stock. An Apple employee told me that people change their payment methods all the time and it’s fine.
Ah cool, sounds great. Will I have to pay for the phone that was declined or will it be waiting for me there and I can just suggest iUP then?

maka344

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2009
London, UK
Well, ideally I don't want to pay full whack for it. Want to get it on the upgrade programme.

I have my time slot booked for pick up, I wonder if I just turn up will it actually be there for me?
[doublepost=1509311706][/doublepost]

Ah cool, sounds great. Will I have to pay for the phone that was declined or will it be waiting for me there and I can just suggest iUP then?
If it’s declined I don’t think it’ll be waiting for you. If you go in to your online orders, can you not reconfirm your payment?