Have iPhone 4, Trying to jailbreak iPhone 3G before sale, running into issues

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Goldfire, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Goldfire macrumors member

Goldfire

Okay so here is the situation. I have an iPhone 4 and an iPhone 3G. I've been using the iPhone 4 since launch day, and the 3G has just been sitting there. I am finally ready to sell it on eBay, and of course I want to jailbreak it before I do that. I restored the iPhone 3G to get rid of my data, but now it wants me to reactivate the phone. It doesn't appear that I can jailbreak it without reactivating it (is this wrong? I'm trying to use the tutorial for redsn0w here: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=10186).

I'm worried that if I activate the old phone something will get messed up either with my bill, my grandfathered unlimited data plan, the iPhone 4 itself, etc etc. Hopefully I'm just being stupid and this is way easier than I'm making it.

2. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

well you left yourself wide open there with the stupid comment but I will let that go!

when you activate with your sim it wont mess with anything. you just have to have a att sim to do it or use redsnow. but it will not mess with your current plan at all.