Have lost all ringtones and sounds since 8.1.1 update

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by rdstoll, Nov 28, 2014.

1. rdstoll macrumors 6502

Jul 15, 2008
    I've searched around and see that some folks have had issues with their downloaded ringtones not working after the 8.1.1 update but I just use stock tones and for some reason all of a sudden none of them are working despite having sounds enabled.

Ringtone, text messages, locking sound - nothing is working. I've restarted the phone and toggled on/off all the sounds to no avail. If I choose a notification sound I will hear it but then when I get a notification in that app it isn't working.
  2. AnthroMatt macrumors regular

Jun 8, 2011
    Mesa, AZ
    I had the same problem. I updated OTA and lost about 80% of the stock tones. Only way I got them back was to restore as new. :-/
  3. ineedamac macrumors 6502

Jul 10, 2008
    I had the same thing happen on an iPhone 5 and iPhone 5S both running iOS 8.1.1. I called :apple: last night and they said that this is a known issue they are working on and they anticipate an update to iOS 8 on Dec 8th.

They credited my account for the ringtones we purchased for the holiday season and we will have to re-purchase them once the update is installed.
  4. sbailey4 macrumors 68040

Dec 5, 2011
    Wow first time ever that Apple actually told someone about a future update and approx. release date. Only one day off! 8.1.2 is out now to address this issue.