Have not been charged for an ATT Iphone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by drejet4850, Oct 26, 2011.

1. drejet4850 macrumors newbie

Has anyone else not been charged for the ATT Iphone 4s?

I did the pre-order on the first day at 3:30am and have yet to be charged.

Anyone else experience this?

2. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

They have anywhere from 6 months to 1 year to charge your so believe me when I say they will be charging you. Not a matter of it, just a matter of when.

3. Pravius macrumors regular

No offense but there has been a million of these posts all over the forums. You will be charged, so far everyone has one way or another.

4. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

I haven't been charged either. I'm guessing they'll figure it out.

5. FrankySavvy macrumors 65816

Same here, its weird.....I know for sure there gonna get there money somehow lol

6. spikefood macrumors regular

I have not been charged yet, very frustrating.

7. p1ally macrumors regular

p1ally

8. PLin macrumors 6502

Still haven't been charged either. At the end of the month, the credit card I used is being transitioned to another bank, and I'm told that I'll be given a new card number. I wonder what will happen if AT&T attempts to process the charge after the old number is no good anymore.

9. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Why is it irritating.

Do you not have enough control over yourself to plan on the money being removed?

----------

Oh you will likely get it for free!:p

10. cababah macrumors 68000

They would probably just send you the bill in the mail or charge your wireless account. Nothing is free and they will get their money one way or another.

11. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

Why is everyone like "You WILL be charged". Nobody knows that, because nobody knows the future. Is it jealousy or something?

12. PerplexShyt macrumors 6502

nope, none of that. its experience.

its happened before, and every release it will happen again, with people making threads saying "not charged"

but they ALWAYS they get charged

so don't be so naive.

13. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Umm, I'm pretty sure, no make that positive, that AT$T knows that. Jealousy? What does that even mean?

14. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

It's common sense. I wasn't charged until this Sunday and I ordered launch day 9AM. Nobody knows for sure, but it's the probability of you not being charged is low.

15. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

Are you all not being charged from AT&T or Apple? Or something else?

Where?

16. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

It's by no means "common sense". Truthfully, you have absolutely no idea what goes on inside their computer systems. You cannot possibly guarantee that there won't be a glitch somewhere that will fail to record some important piece of information.

17. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Wonderful..... However relevant fact: The phone is STILL registered to said person and being used.....kind of a HUGE glaring reminder that it needs to be paid for...

18. Maverickster macrumors regular

It's highly irritating to those of us who need to expense it. Believe it or not, not everyone irritated by this is irritated because they're bouncing up against their credit limit. Some of us are irritated because it's nearing monthly expense report time and we'd like to get it on there and be done. That AT&T won't timely process the charge is poor management and customer service (not that we should have any reason to expect differently). Why should I have to think about this for another month or two or three or six or twelve? I shouldn't.

19. ichabodkky macrumors member

Mine charged a few days after I got it. They processed quite a few orders that first day, I'm sure they know about it. Just don't spend the money and end up with overdrafts.

20. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Got the charge today. Never even saw a pre-auth on original purchase (which is why I was on here nervously watching order status updates from everyone).

21. megapopular macrumors 6502a

If you really are concerned...

CALL AT&T!!

My girlfriend was complaining about the charge not coming off of her account so I called AT&T on Monday, they opened a case file and the charge was processed on Wednesday. She knew she owed the money, she nor I want AT&T to give me a free phone so we did something about it! People who want to balance their checkbooks, etc, please do the same.

AT&T has the right to charge you much later and if they do wait a long time to "catch up," it may annoy and/or be and inconvenience to some. Now some of you know what you can do to solve the problem. If you have any type of employee discount that involves Premier, make sure to call Premier directly or have a 611 rep transfer you to the Premier group, that will save you some time as well. Best luck to you all!

22. JMB1911 macrumors regular

ordered mine on launch day and got charged today

23. sevimli macrumors 6502a

AT&T doesn't have enough room to put all these money, currently.